Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

1000 miles free supercharging affected by peak rate?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've tried to google this info but couldn't really find a definitive answer. I recently got my Y and it has 1000 free supercharger miles. I know that there's different pricing base on time. And from other forum posts, it seems like 1000 miles is about 400kWh of energy.

So I was wondering do I need to worry about the peak time when using my free supercharger miles? Will it "drain" my free miles faster if I charge during peak hours vs off-peak?
By going off the 400kWh logic, it could be that Tesla is giving us that finite amount, and doesn't matter what the cost of that amount of energy is, you can use it whenever until it's empty. Not sure if it's correct, would love to hear your thoughts and answer!

I've tried to google this info but couldn't really find a definitive answer. I recently got my Y and it has 1000 free supercharger miles. I know that there's different pricing base on time. And from other forum posts, it seems like 1000 miles is about 400kWh of energy.

So I was wondering do I need to worry about the peak time when using my free supercharger miles? Will it "drain" my free miles faster if I charge during peak hours vs off-peak?
By going off the 400kWh logic, it could be that Tesla is giving us that finite amount, and doesn't matter what the cost of that amount of energy is, you can use it whenever until it's empty. Not sure if it's correct, would love to hear your thoughts and answer!
NO, it's base on kWh of energy. Therefore, it's "worth" more when you charge during peak hour.

• Helpful
Reactions: Rocky_H