Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

1000 Referral Miles...where are they?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hoping this isn't the incorrect subforum. My apologies if it is...

Tesla informed me that my referral miles would show up 1-2 weeks after I took delivery. Does anyone have more insight into this? Our referral code was successfully added by Tesla in Bellevue, WA after we placed our order...after originally being told by another store that it was not possible to add referrals to the purchase code. I'm thinking IF there is a problem, the problem lies here, in which I may just be out of luck...lol

I've been happily charging away while we wait for our electrician to install our wall charger. Thoughts?

TIA :)

My thoughts are:

1. These boards are littered with people who were told "even though you didnt order through the proper link to get a referral, we can add it later" and then having that not happen. Tesla was never supposed to do that, but some employees figured out how and did it, but it didnt always work.

2. The referral program has ended for vehicles so there is no one inside tesla to address your question if you ask tesla directly.

3. The dollar value of 1000 miles of supercharging is somewhere around $70-80 I believe.

Whether you want to go try to find these miles with tesla or not, thats the approximate value of those. you are unlikely to get anyone within tesla to address this as the program is over, and even when it was in place, getting referral miles added after the fact was not something that was "easy" or that everyone could accomplish, even if you are entitled to them.

TL ; DR - You are unlikely to get them, whether you are entitled to them or not, no one inside tesla is there to address it, and its worth about $80.

My thoughts are:

1. These boards are littered with people who were told "even though you didnt order through the proper link to get a referral, we can add it later" and then having that not happen. Tesla was never supposed to do that, but some employees figured out how and did it, but it didnt always work.

2. The referral program has ended for vehicles so there is no one inside tesla to address your question if you ask tesla directly.

3. The dollar value of 1000 miles of supercharging is somewhere around $70-80 I believe.

Whether you want to go try to find these miles with tesla or not, thats the approximate value of those. you are unlikely to get anyone within tesla to address this as the program is over, and even when it was in place, getting referral miles added after the fact was not something that was "easy" or that everyone could accomplish, even if you are entitled to them.

TL ; DR - You are unlikely to get them, whether you are entitled to them or not, no one inside tesla is there to address it, and its worth about $80.
Great insight. Appreciate the thorough response! We'll just wait and see haha

If your Model Y was ordered before May 31, 2021 you may be eligible to receive the 1000 free Supercharger miles.

See Previous Referral Program: Referral Program

You can contact Tesla via email at [email protected]

I could be mistaken (if so, someone will likely point it out), but I seem to remember people complaining here of getting email bouncebacks from that email address after the referral program ended.

I've used all mine up! ... but yes it's interesting that it sounds great, but really only equates to something less than $100

Not exactly a bait and switch ... but heading in that direction

Personally I think ALL the cars should come with a free 1,000 miles of Supercharging, but then again I also think "delivery" shouldn't be someone parking your Y almost in front of a hydrant and directly across from a painters van before taking a bunch of photos as CYA, then f-off in the trailing Uber without even ringing the doorbell

Reactions: Iflyprops
Not referral Miles. When I bought our Model 3 in September of 2021, I had 1000 free Supercharge miles that came with the car. They were accessble via the Tesla app. They are not longer on the app or on the screen in our car. I have/? had about 900 left...Have not been about to find out what happend to them..I have a month and a half to use them.

• Informative
Reactions: ArtK
Not referral Miles. When I bought our Model 3 in September of 2021, I had 1000 free Supercharge miles that came with the car. They were accessble via the Tesla app. They are not longer on the app or on the screen in our car. I have/? had about 900 left...Have not been about to find out what happend to them..I have a month and a half to use them.
Only good for six months.

I know that, I have another month ...where are they?
If your 1000 free Supercharger miles were correctly applied to your Tesla account (before the old referral program ended) they would appear in your Loot Box within the Tesla phone app. The Loot Box is now accessed from the Tesla account (the icon at the top right of the screen.)

If your free Supercharger miles were not applied prior to the end of the old referral program you may be unable to claim the credit as there is no one working at Tesla administering the old referral program.

Last edited:
Reactions: MorrisonHiker
If your 1000 free Supercharger miles were correctly applied to your Tesla account (before the old referral program ended) they would appear in your Loot Box within the Tesla phone app. The Loot box used to appear at the top of the main screen. I forget where but Tesla moved it. Try swiping left.
In v4 of the app, just tap on the account icon on the top right. Then you'll see options for Inbox, Loot Box, Account, Settings and Sign Out.

• Informative
Reactions: jcanoe
Loor box is gone from my app.
I know longer see the Loot Box in v3.x of the app. Are you running version 4 of the Tesla app? If so, what options do you see listed if you tap the circle account icon at the top right?

In one of our accounts (that doesn't have an active vehicle assigned to it), I no longer see the Loot Box. In our other account (which has multiple vehicles on it), I see the Loot Box listed after Inbox after tapping on the account icon.

They really should show the Loot Box no matter what as it allows you to View Past Referrals. Like you, I can't easily access that information from all accounts.