Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

100D 0-60 times improved?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have noticed that on European inventory Model S 100Ds, the 0-60 mph / 0-100 kph times are stated as 3.3 seconds:

Model S 100D 5YJSB7E26HF194908 | Tesla UK

Model S 100D 5YJSA7E2XHF187513 | Tesla Belgique

Model S 100D 5YJSA7E20HF192977 | Tesla Deutschland

(On US cars they are not stated at all.)

I first noticed this about a week ago; and I'm pretty sure it's a mistake... But what if it isn't?
Previously, they were [and in the online configurator on tesla.com still are] given as 4.1 seconds 0-60 mph / 4.3 seconds 0-100 kph; almost the same as the 90D's 4.2 / 4.4. But since the 75D now has inherited those ... could there be something to it? What do you guys think?

EDIT: There already is a thread on this in the general Model S forum:
Performance increase for 100D. 0-100 in 3,3 sek

Mods, feel free to close/delete this thread :oops:

Last edited:
It might be a mistake on the 100d inventory cars but I doubt it's a complete accident. Why would anyone change the number unless something is happening?

My old 90D was measured at under 4s and there's plenty of YouTube showing similar. Maybe Tesla have got a little more performance from the 100D and are happy to show it whereas when the P85D was 3.2s with insane mode, a sub 4s stat on the non P was too close for comfort. Not a problem now the P100D is low 2s.

My old 90D was measured at under 4s and there's plenty of YouTube showing similar

@JonG what was your 90D's 0-60 time and how did you measure it? I recently purchased an inventory S 90D built 3/17 and curious what it's real 0-60 is... I'm surprised Motortrend or another car mag hasn't revealed this yet, it seems the magazines only test the top of the line model, all the 0-60 times you see for the 90D are what Tesla lists, which as we all know needs to be validated :)

Certainly, if you hit below 4 without subtracting the rollout like Motortrend does, it could be even lower based on the Motortrend testing method...

Tesla has now restored the 0-60 mph times to the spec sheets for new inventory vehicles in North America. However, the times for the 100D are now listed as 4.3 sec, which has never been the advertised value. Design Studio has always shown 4.2 sec until July 1, when it was changed to 4.1 sec (when the times for the S75 were also changed).

@JonG what was your 90D's 0-60 time and how did you measure it? I recently purchased an inventory S 90D built 3/17 and curious what it's real 0-60 is... I'm surprised Motortrend or another car mag hasn't revealed this yet, it seems the magazines only test the top of the line model, all the 0-60 times you see for the 90D are what Tesla lists, which as we all know needs to be validated :)

Certainly, if you hit below 4 without subtracting the rollout like Motortrend does, it could be even lower based on the Motortrend testing method...

3.74s - even allowing for a cheap phone app I thought that was pretty lively! As it requires the app to notice you've started moving I guess its more like a 1' roll out time.

Attachments

• IMG_0001.PNG
    IMG_0001.PNG
    180.7 KB · Views: 100
Tesla has now restored the 0-60 mph times to the spec sheets for new inventory vehicles in North America. However, the times for the 100D are now listed as 4.3 sec, which has never been the advertised value. Design Studio has always shown 4.2 sec until July 1, when it was changed to 4.1 sec (when the times for the S75 were also changed).

They're still quoting 3.3 in the UK and have dropped the 0-60 time from the design studio. It's the attention to detail that makes them special!