Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

100D Arriving on Tuesday

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone, it's my first post. I have a 100D arriving on Tuesday. I've had a Model 3 on reserve since 3/31/16, but the more I learned about it, the more I preferred the Model S. I considered going the CPO route, but my ideal set of features just wasn't coming up, with the Facelift front being a massive filter off the top. The features I decided on are:
  • 100D: Midrange is my typical sweet spot
  • Obsidian black: Looks nice
  • Glass roof: Looks nice
  • 21" gray wheels: Looks nice
  • Black premium seats/interior/carbon: Looks nice
  • Enhanced autopilot/premium upgrades: Seems fun
  • Premium sound: Sounds nice
  • Documentation/destination fees: Well, okay
I'm now thinking of adding tinting (100% certain), paint protection (50% certain), and a dash cam (25% certain), and it looks like you guys prefer Auto Image in Belmont as the better tint/film place near me (I live in SF). I've requested a quote.

Based on my Google history, I've been lurking here since 7/1/16, and have really appreciated all the insights and spirit of fun you all have. Thank you for helping me make my decisions.

I'm looking forward to Tuesday!

How exciting! Sounds like a great configuration, if I was going to do this again (it would be my third time :eek:), I would so go with ultra white interior...not that I'm thinking about a third time...

It's going to be an anxious time while waiting...stock up on some melatonin now. Every night will feel like Christmas Eve when you're 5 until delivery day!

• Helpful
Reactions: IdaX
Loving all the options except the destination/doc fees. I’d forego that if I were you (just kidding!)

You’ll love it! The 100D is quite awesome. I’ve had mine for a few months and I had a 70D before – definitely a huge step up.

Congrats. I highly recommend paint protection. I've never had it on previous vehicles, but it does such a good job of protecting the constant rock chips and bugs I'm going to add it to every car I ever own. Do it.

Thanks for the positive feedback everyone, and encouragement on options. The chips on the front of my trade-in car, are also making the case for paint protection. Doing both tinting and paint protection at once would be more efficient. Let's say that probability and the dash cam are going up!

Hello everyone, it's my first post. I have a 100D arriving on Tuesday. I've had a Model 3 on reserve since 3/31/16, but the more I learned about it, the more I preferred the Model S. I considered going the CPO route, but my ideal set of features just wasn't coming up, with the Facelift front being a massive filter off the top. The features I decided on are:
  • 100D: Midrange is my typical sweet spot
  • Obsidian black: Looks nice
  • Glass roof: Looks nice
  • 21" gray wheels: Looks nice
  • Black premium seats/interior/carbon: Looks nice
  • Enhanced autopilot/premium upgrades: Seems fun
  • Premium sound: Sounds nice
  • Documentation/destination fees: Well, okay
I'm now thinking of adding tinting (100% certain), paint protection (50% certain), and a dash cam (25% certain), and it looks like you guys prefer Auto Image in Belmont as the better tint/film place near me (I live in SF). I've requested a quote.

Based on my Google history, I've been lurking here since 7/1/16, and have really appreciated all the insights and spirit of fun you all have. Thank you for helping me make my decisions.

I'm looking forward to Tuesday!

Nice build, congrats!

If you end up going with Auto Image, would you mind sharing your feedback? I've read their reviews etc, but additional recent data points are always good. I just noticed that they offer pain protection as well btw (Suntek only apparently). And yes, +1 for the dashcam too.

I got a full front XPEL done on my S right after delivery. I have had one issue on my front bumper where a chip managed to get through the XPEL, paint and into the bumper. Oh well, driven 11k miles in 6 months. I think I can get it touched up and no one will be the wiser (its right near the bottom of the bumper). I've had about 100 noticeable objects hit my car and only 1 has managed to ding it. I call it a success. It was $2k near Chicago for the XPEL front.

Nice build, congrats!

If you end up going with Auto Image, would you mind sharing your feedback? I've read their reviews etc, but additional recent data points are always good. I just noticed that they offer pain protection as well btw (Suntek only apparently). And yes, +1 for the dashcam too.

Thank you! And certainly. With Auto Image, I'm leaning toward the Llumar CTX at 35% tint all around (maybe 50% tint, pending more research), and their one choice for paint protection. I have an August appointment, I wish I had made the reservation when I bought the car. They don't install dashcams, but I'm sure I can get a local place to do that. Seems like the Thinkware F770 is the one to get.

i would recommend clear bra on at least the bumper/hood, you wont regret it especially in the bay area, there are so many rocks flying everywhere on 101/280.

I would best advise to shop around and look into reviews. from my experience, seems a lot of bay area shops are charging up the ass just because its a "Tesla". make sure to also ask what material film they are using both for tint and clear bra and familiarize yourself with the products

I was also looking at dash cams, you just missed the deal on the Blackvue dr650s yesterday for $260, the thinkware F770 looked like a good competitor but i couldnt pass up the price difference, ~$140