Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

100D Buyers/Owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Damn! TMC has some magic powers - right after I posed about My Tesla page still listing 90D - it changed. Now it shows 100D and also shows 400kWh supercharging credit. But no updated vehicle purchase agreement

Ordered X 90D back around Christmas. Contacted DS soon after 100D was announced. Paid $500 change fee. Said it was going to take up to a week to change in MyTesla Account. Called after a week, Said 2-3 weeks to change. Total time was around 2 weeks. Still says same VIN and delivery window. March to Early April, though DS said Late March to April.

I desperately tried to upgrade to X 100D and although various DS said it is possible, this week I was told it wasn't . Please read some of the observations from the chief sales executive in U.K.

"f you go down the route of a 100D, you genuinely will only be adding approximately 20-25 miles extra range in the real world on UK roads, and it will have to be a completely new order, with delivery in July. In addition you won't be able to have free Supercharging for life, so it total the costs could run to approx 14k extra, plus the cost of using Superchargers?

Just this morning I've advised another customer of mine to go for Model X 90D instead of the 100D for exactly the same reasons - i.e. the extra 20 miles range is of little benefit for the extra cost, also bearing in mind as well how fast the UK & Europe new Charging sites are opening on a weekly basis."

I desperately tried to upgrade to X 100D and although various DS said it is possible, this week I was told it wasn't . Please read some of the observations from the chief sales executive in U.K.

"f you go down the route of a 100D, you genuinely will only be adding approximately 20-25 miles extra range in the real world on UK roads, and it will have to be a completely new order, with delivery in July. In addition you won't be able to have free Supercharging for life, so it total the costs could run to approx 14k extra, plus the cost of using Superchargers?

Just this morning I've advised another customer of mine to go for Model X 90D instead of the 100D for exactly the same reasons - i.e. the extra 20 miles range is of little benefit for the extra cost, also bearing in mind as well how fast the UK & Europe new Charging sites are opening on a weekly basis."

I think the DS makes some valid points but honestly, to me range is king. It was an extreme tough decision to lose the free supercharging but for me, I wanted the most range. the difference in price between the 90D and 100D is kinda no brainer to upgrade. It's one of the lowest kw/dollars upgrade you can make when buying a MX.

The MX is a car I want to keep for the next 4-5 years and I know there will be battery degradation over time. Starting with the largest battery pack makes sense for me because each year will have less range.

Has anyone taken delivery of an X100D yet? Who will claim they have the first X100D -- with photos?

I think the first person to get it will be late March to early April and it'll be probably some lucky Californian close to the factory. :) I was one of the first to change my order to 100D on first week 100D became available and they have not even started making the car. Likely, I am expecting car to come late April to early May.

Sad and frustrating update for all the 100D folks (S and X).... apparently there is a "hold" put on all these cars because the EPA has not independently certified the range for this particular configuration.... 100D option was available on January 21st 2017.... budget cuts at the EPA after the inauguration... completed 100D cars are now being held at delivery centers all across the country.... thanks Trump :(

Sad and frustrating update for all the 100D folks (S and X).... apparently there is a "hold" put on all these cars because the EPA has not independently certified the range for this particular configuration.... 100D option was available on January 21st 2017.... budget cuts at the EPA after the inauguration... completed 100D cars are now being held at delivery centers all across the country.... thanks Trump :(
Where did you get the info? Can you please substantiate. That's a bummer!!!

This was posted in 100D Buyers/Owners

Without any supporting information, I find it hard to believe - "budget cuts" dont work that fast, but on the other hand, my X100D with VIN 357xx is eluding production while cars in 42xxx range are being built.

Does anyone have any information on this subject?

What is your source for that statement? I find it implausible that Tesla cannot sell the S/X 100D model because the EPA has not "certified" the range figure.
Sad and frustrating update for all the 100D folks (S and X).... apparently there is a "hold" put on all these cars because the EPA has not independently certified the range for this particular configuration.