Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

100D cdn pricing error?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Noticed that as well.
Screenshot_2017-01-20-06-47-52.jpg

Will give it time and hope this was just an error. But given other countries outside the US are seeing similar things, I fear this is a method to get rid of remaining 90D stock. Yes, I am speculating, and I hope it's not true as this would be very anti Tesla: it's akin to giving a certain group of people a 'discount', or early discount, effectively.

No exchange and duties turns 3k into 7.5k tho.... Maybe other prices are going up again soon? It should be 4 to 4.5k more than the 90D here.

Well, let's see. I just priced out the price difference between the same S and X in US vs Canada. In Canada, it is an $11,000 difference. In the US it is a $6,000 difference.

There is an excess weight tax on the X due to how heavy it is.

Duties, Taxes and Fees on Vehicles Imported from the U.S.

Have all the prices gone up? I was always playing with a configuration including tax. First I came up for a certain configuration at $183K that same configuration is now more than $200K!

WIth these prices it is not fun anymore...

Have all the prices gone up? I was always playing with a configuration including tax. First I came up for a certain configuration at $183K that same configuration is now more than $200K!

WIth these prices it is not fun anymore...
There will be a price increase coming next week. The 100D price already has the increase built in.
Not sure how an increase is justified with the way exchange rates have been going.

Reactions: Jaff and Trev Page
Isn't there some kind of penalty added due to not enough North American parts, namely the batteries? It was my understanding that was what accounted for the price disparity, and that would end when the Gigafactory came online and started making batteries for the cars.

Isn't there some kind of penalty added due to not enough North American parts, namely the batteries? It was my understanding that was what accounted for the price disparity, and that would end when the Gigafactory came online and started making batteries for the cars.

6.1% NAFTA duty on "foreign content" aka: Panasonic 18650 cells made in Japan.

Gigafactory cells should eliminate this duty but haven't been able to get firm confirmation on this from Tesla.