Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

100d is coming soon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah the 3K price increase is small but the amount of road trip I do, I think the 90 is sufficient. Again like other have said, it is to make up for the lack of free supercharging which can be quite a bit if one does a lot of road tripping through out the life of the car.

The only benefit I can see is from wk057 analysis, the 100KWh seems to be an actual 100KWh battery with 96KWh usable. The 90KWh battery is actually a 86KWh with 81KWh usable. So one is really going up 15KWh usable for $3K price increase. At this point, i see no point in getting the 90D over the 100D if both have 400KWh free supercharging per year.

Why wouldn't they be able to ship them this quarter? I expect the 100D announcement to sound like: "The 90D is being replaced with the 100D. It will cost an additional $xxx [fill in a reasonable number]. Customers wishing to upgrade their existing 90D orders may do so for that price. Those not wishing to do so will get their 90D as originally ordered."

I expect the reasonable number to be about $4K.

Looks like I got it about right, with one significant issue -- they won't allow an order to be upgraded to the 100D. So if you want it, then good-bye free supercharging.