Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

100d is coming soon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Canuck this image always goes through my head when you post something. I can't help it. I even hear the voice as I read your words. I'm sorry.

Screen Shot 2016-10-24 at 9.25.21 PM.png

I gotta be honest @Canuck and @msnow if you jump on individuals who come here with information you discourage others from sharing. Maybe they are just unfounded rumors but maybe they have truth behind them. Why attack this person? You got something better to post? What's the last interesting thread either of you started? This is a freaking hobby board where people salivate over a car. What else is there to do around here? Tell jokes?

Also - to come to @xborg's defense - he posted this information in a new thread only after I PM'd him earlier today to tell him his rumors were interesting and I asked him what his source is. He had offhandedly posted in another thread and I guess when somebody showed some interest and told him this information is interesting he decided more people might find it interesting as well.
Because they are unfounded rumors portrayed as fact. That's not okay on any level and making stuff up should be discouraged. Then, after my post and Canuck's questioning it, the poster starts walking it back. No I have no rumors to post but if I did I would state they are my opinion or speculation so others don't misconstrue them as fact to make buying decisions or spread them believing they are true.
What else is there to do around here? Help new people answering questions about their car. Sharing Tesla experiences with others. Networking. Ask questions of others who have more knowleging in certain areas. Yeah, humor/jokes are okay too. I didn't intend to attack, I was trying to flush out if it was fact or speculation.

Last edited:
But, even when people do have sources like Electrek it's often is wrong as well. Look how ridiculously wrong I was when it came to Spotify because I believed what the site led me to believe.

There is nothing on the OP's list that is surprising at all.

The Ventilated seats being just on the performance cars was likely a supply issue.
Upgraded-faster main console units is absolutely essential, and I would be surprised if the AP 2.0 cars don't have it
The hands off feature that is currently shipping does NOT work. We know it doesn't work properly.
Auto-presenting doors. Sounds just like what Tesla would do.
Speculating what they might do is one thing but saying you have "a source" leads people to believe it's a Tesla insider. Even your Spotify post had links including Spotify's own page with "U.S. Tesla" all over it so that was different. Same with Electrek, they *usually* state if it's sourced (like a beta tester with accompanying screenshots) or that's it's an educated guess or speculation.

I've just found some info. 100d is coming soon, probably before end of the year.
You claim to have a "source". I assume you mean a human who works for Tesla. I hope that person is not an employee in a Tesla showroom. They are usually the last to know when something new is coming, and some of them have been known to make statements that turn out to be wrong. I am sure the majority of them are nice, well-meaning people (the ones I've met are) and they know better than to make unfounded assertions. In any case, a 100D version has been discussed on TMC for months now.

My "source" for a 100D model coming soon is just basic logic: the number of buyers willing to pay the high price for a P100D is limited. Tesla can pull in more new customers by offering a 100D. Elon mentioned that the 100kWh battery was challenging to manufacture. I'm sure Tesla has been working on refining and improving that manufacturing process. There is certainly a market for such a battery even though it will of course be significantly more costly than a 90.

Also some other rumors I've heard:
-New Ventilated seats for all cars.
-Upgraded-faster main console units
-Improved the hands off detection
The OP states these items are "rumors". What is "new" about the ventilated seats is not described. An improved MCU is unremarkable, as computers regularly improve in processing capability and is often discussed on TMC. The improved hands off detection is also not described but has been discussed before. Really nothing very exciting here.
2 more, but not in near future:
-New suspension option(with 8 years warranty). Active pothole detection maybe?
-Auto-presenting doors for Model S.
So these are two more "rumors", I assume, but farther off. Auto-presenting front doors on the S would not surprise me since the X launched with them, and in fact I was expecting them to appear on the S already. A new suspension option of some unspecified type sets off my skepticism meter. What other kinds of passenger vehicle suspension types are available besides coils and air shocks and are currently used in mass production cars?

There is nothing on the OP's list that is surprising at all.
Only the "new suspension option" surprises me.

By and large, the list posted by @xborg are things that have been discussed on TMC before.

Reactions: msnow
i guess my question would be... if you have a source then why did you get burned with the latest announcement? (you referenced burned here and via another thread).

wouldn't your source or connect hook you up with some soon the be released info? i mean, if not to the day but at least within +/- a few months which would make a difference.

i wouldn't have throught twice about this thread but you sounded pretty frustrated about being burned in your other thread. that's cool that you're looking out for other owners tho.

Only the "new suspension option" surprises me.

By and large, the list posted by @xborg are things that have been discussed on TMC before.

The only thing I can think of in terms of new suspension would be the same ones on racing cars or high end street cars like Acura NSX or Mclarean where the suspension would adjust to the road conditions on the fly in milliseconds. But I think tesla would probably reserve that for their P line before giving it to the 100D.

i guess my question would be... if you have a source then why did you get burned with the latest announcement? (you referenced burned here and via another thread).

wouldn't your source or connect hook you up with some soon the be released info? i mean, if not to the day but at least within +/- a few months which would make a difference.

i wouldn't have throught twice about this thread but you sounded pretty frustrated about being burned in your other thread. that's cool that you're looking out for other owners tho.
Hi,

As I stated in my previous message, I got burned of recent unexpected releases. But now, I have a source to get some information and I choose to share it. Because I know how it feels like to miss a feature you really want by a few months.

Reactions: Canuck
As many have said, your source is unlikely to actually know anything. Many people have quoted "sources" in the past who turned out to be lower level Tesla employees, or worse yet, local store or service centre people. The problem is that most of those people get their information on this forum, and we almost always know about things BEFORE they do. Even major announcements that Tesla does huge events around are often not communicated internally to Tesla employees. So those people are actually worse sources than this forum.

I've just found some info. 100d is coming soon,
Not exactly a secret...
100d.jpg

-New Ventilated seats for all cars.
again, no surprise, they're in the P100D already, so it's likely to trickle down, highly unlikely that Tesla wouldn't sell them to you if you paid more.

-Upgraded-faster main console units
highly likely as the existing one is getting on in age, but I doubt anyone knows, and timeline is anyone's guess.

-Improved the hands off detection
highly unlikely.

2 more, but not in near future:
-New suspension option(with 8 years warranty). Active pothole detection maybe?
-Auto-presenting doors for Model S.
And here we're in to pure guess land. the second one seems likely at some point, the other one, not very likely.

The only thing I can think of in terms of new suspension would be the same ones on racing cars or high end street cars like Acura NSX or Mclarean where the suspension would adjust to the road conditions on the fly in milliseconds. But I think tesla would probably reserve that for their P line before giving it to the 100D.

I wonder if the new suspension rumor is related to this post. (The ClearMotion suspension.)

As many have said, your source is unlikely to actually know anything. Many people have quoted "sources" in the past who turned out to be lower level Tesla employees, or worse yet, local store or service centre people. The problem is that most of those people get their information on this forum, and we almost always know about things BEFORE they do. Even major announcements that Tesla does huge events around are often not communicated internally to Tesla employees. So those people are actually worse sources than this forum.

Not exactly a secret...
View attachment 200085

Looks like they could be bringing back green too.