Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

100D is here

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I LOVE my 90D as well and very happy to join you in the wilderness.
Would I be the lone voice in the wilderness saying that I love my 90D and never spend a minute wishing I had something else?

I think the feeling turns sour on those with recent purchases. If within a week or two after you received your S90D they released a 100kWh battery for only $3,000 more your telling me you would not be upset? The 90kWh battery only has less than 82kWh usable and the 100kWh has 98.4 kWh usable. That is a big difference for a small $3000 price difference. I would not be as upset if they priced it $8k or more.

I think the feeling turns sour on those with recent purchases. If within a week or two after you received your S90D they released a 100kWh battery for only $3,000 more your telling me you would not be upset? The 90kWh battery only has less than 82kWh usable and the 100kWh has 98.4 kWh usable. That is a big difference for a small $3000 price difference. I would not be as upset if they priced it $8k or more.

Well, if the 100D had unlimited supercharging and ventilated seats. As it stands, it's a bit of buyer preference.

Reactions: Sully's8
If within a week or two after you received your S90D they released a 100kWh battery for only $3,000 more your telling me you would not be upset?
Nope, that line of thinking will just drive you crazy. If you think that way the only way you can be happy is if the world comes to a grinding
halt. This has come up before on these boards: if you have to always have absolutely the latest&greatest then Tesla may not be the
right choice, 'cause faster than with any other manufacturer your car is going to, in one way or another, become obsolete. Embrace
the obsoletion! :)

Reactions: NikeWings and KJD

Every Tesla announcement has created a week or two of people that missed a deadline of some sort. Would you prefer that innovation is curtailed in order to keep everyone happy? Fortunately, that is not Tesla's goal but I do understand the sting and can only advise to realistically evaluate whether this Company can ever make you happy. Their continuous innovation strategy is very transparent.

BTW, its extra interesting this time because while the sour scenario you outlined is understandable, that same situation for the existing 90D holder with an option to upgrade for only $3K, pissed them off as well. o_O And so to make you happy, you want to price it up out of spite? And to make them happy, they want other things thrown in free out of entitlement? My head is spinning.

Hi,

imagine seeing this AFTER ordering, but BEFORE delivery, and add the frustration of English mother tongue countries getting a 50% discount - well, yes, this isn't exactly good timing.

I am in Canada, exactly in the situation you describe, but would like to know where or how I can get this discount you refer to.

The upgrade from 90 to 100D is $7,300 CAD...

The only people getting a good deal are US (American) purchasers.

I am in Canada, exactly in the situation you describe, but would like to know where or how I can get this discount you refer to.

The only people getting a good deal are US purchasers.

Didn't you see Trump's tweet the other day? "Chicago, I'm going to send in the Feds if you can't stop the homicides...and by the way, no more deals on Teslas for foreign owners..."

Will be interesting to see if Trump Schadenfreude is as much fun as Rob Ford Schadenfreude. Although I see you're in Montreal, and likely are properly dissociated from Ford's mess.

I am in Canada often and love it. The Ford stuff was surreal . .. .but I digress.

Didn't you see Trump's tweet the other day? "Chicago, I'm going to send in the Feds if you can't stop the homicides...and by the way, no more deals on Teslas for foreign owners..."
He also said, as part of the whole "America first" thing, that we're going to "buy (only) American". That, of course, has the logical
consequence that we're going to "sell (only) to Americans". There's a reason it's called "trade" and not "transfer"...

The only people getting a good deal are US (American) purchasers.

There is no discount, Elon said that the 100D has current currency exchange rates calculated in to the price where the other models, ie. 90D, have not yet been adjusted. So rather than the price of the 100D coming down for you the price of the 90D is likely to go up soon.