Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

100D Performance Testing...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great videos! Always fun to watch!

I noticed you had hill-hold/parking break on during the acceleration test. Do you think that may have caused some of the slower than expected low end acceleration. Not sure how fast the Tesla releases the parking break after you touch the accelerator.

Great videos! Always fun to watch!

I noticed you had hill-hold/parking break on during the acceleration test. Do you think that may have caused some of the slower than expected low end acceleration. Not sure how fast the Tesla releases the parking break after you touch the accelerator.

No, I've got the exact same MX picked up on the 24th. Blue with tan even :) Auto hold or no, the first ~20 mph definitely has an artificially slow ramp to it. Beyond that it's the same rocket you'd expect.

I just sold my 2016 Tesla X 90D after 9 months. WHAT A PIECE OF EXPERIMENTAL JUNK. in the shop every other week. Range far less than advertised even in warm weather. Worse if not horrible in cold. The 6 seats are two cramped even for babies except in front. The glass ceiling makes it like driving in a 100 degree greenhouse on a sunny day. And to cap it off Tesla reneged on their promise when I bought it to buy it back. So I took a bath financially: BMW dealer offered 60,000 for the car for which I paid 111,000 in July last year. They said logically "if Tesla dealers won't buy your nearly new vehicle what do they know we don't know?"

I just sold my 2016 Tesla X 90D after 9 months. WHAT A PIECE OF EXPERIMENTAL JUNK. in the shop every other week. Range far less than advertised even in warm weather. Worse if not horrible in cold.

I have an X75D from Dec. 2016 and had none of these problems. Range is not great in the cold or at high speeds, but if I drive normal in temps over 35F, I tend to exceed the rated range. If I set the TACC to 65 behind a big rig at a safe distance I can not only get rated range but can get optimal range. I have seen as low as 214wh/mile over 50 miles or so average. I only have 6600 miles, but not one issue. Oh I did have an issue where the washer fluid tube was crimped but I was in and out in 30 minutes and they charged it up for me during that time.

Hey Brooks! I really like the test you did with the Model S in the various states of charge. Have you done testing (in the Model S) in sport, ludicrous, and ludicrous +? I know you've done plenty of runs with ludicrous and ludicrous + so you likely have that data. Just wondering how much performance drops in sport mode.

I launched my MX P100D today in Sport then switched to Ludacris and it was ridiculously faster feeling. Wondering what the actual numbers are.

Reactions: Cowby
thanks! I've done a little testing, have to gather up the data... nice P100D X! you should bring to the track one night with us, I'm sure it could set a new SUV 1/4 mile record....

Hey Brooks! I really like the test you did with the Model S in the various states of charge. Have you done testing (in the Model S) in sport, ludicrous, and ludicrous +? I know you've done plenty of runs with ludicrous and ludicrous + so you likely have that data. Just wondering how much performance drops in sport mode.

I launched my MX P100D today in Sport then switched to Ludacris and it was ridiculously faster feeling. Wondering what the actual numbers are.

Reactions: Cowby
I was on my way to Lowes this evening and did a few 0-60 runs. Had the car seats, stroller, and other goodies loaded up. Best was 4.67 @ 87% SOC. Also did do a 4.47 0-60, but excessive downhill slope of -1.685%. This 100D is a six seater, built in February 2017. Has 4,600 miles on it.

Attachments

• MX 100D Best 0-60 07 17 2017.png
    MX 100D Best 0-60 07 17 2017.png
    360.9 KB · Views: 100
  • Informative
Reactions: bhzmark
nice runs, I wonder if the new software updates will make it quicker....

I was on my way to Lowes this evening and did a few 0-60 runs. Had the car seats, stroller, and other goodies loaded up. Best was 4.67 @ 87% SOC. Also did do a 4.47 0-60, but excessive downhill slope of -1.685%. This 100D is a six seater, built in February 2017. Has 4,600 miles on it.

I do hope they reduce the 0-60 and 1/4 mile times by a tenth or two, but as you pointed out in your video, Tesla wants separation between the P and non-P vehicles. Still 4.6 sec is really fast for any SUV. I can only dream of what will be available in 5-6 years from Tesla and other manufactures. Sub 4 sec SUV's will probably be quite common.

that would be awesome, I'm sure we'll set a new record.. we can go this Friday if you are available, ? otherwise I'm out of town the following two Fridays... I'll send you a PM...

Hey Brooks, when you are going back to PBIR? I'd like you to make a pass or two in my MX P100D for your youtube channel and to get some data on what my MX can do at the strip.