Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

100D price differential??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So Tesla are now offering 100D as a battery upgrade on the configurator under the 90D (for the X at least). Previously you could only get the 100kWh battery with the performance model.

Reports from the US suggest price differential of $3k USD which should translate to approximately $4k AUD.

Unless I am going crazy the price difference on the configurator seems to be $16k AUD...? LCT doesn't account for such a big difference. So something is wrong either for US or Aussie configurator?

So Tesla are now offering 100D as a battery upgrade on the configurator under the 90D (for the X at least). Previously you could only get the 100kWh battery with the performance model.

Reports from the US suggest price differential of $3k USD which should translate to approximately $4k AUD.

Unless I am going crazy the price difference on the configurator seems to be $16k AUD...? LCT doesn't account for such a big difference. So something is wrong either for US or Aussie configurator?

Yes, 16K upgrade is steep, on the other hand the drop in price from the P100D (3.1 seconds) to the 100D (4.2 seconds) is 64K.

No, something is definitely out of wack, the price difference between a 60D and a 75D is $6500 US which equates to a $12995 difference here in QLD, whereas the price difference between a 90D and a 100D is $3000 US which equates to a $13552 difference

Have been told a price increase is coming for Australia next week.

My guess is the 100D price is simply what it is going to be throughout the year. Doesn't make sense to release it with one price only to have it adjusted higher a few days later.

So based on the figures expect the 90D to go up ~$10k next week

The price rises for Oz have come through. Sure enough the 100D has stayed the same price and the other models have been adjusted upwards.

Now around $6k difference from 90D to 100D which seems in line with the US price + exchange rate + LCT

• Informative
Reactions: baillies
I was really hoping in time the price would actually fall.
a) Production efficiency's and gigafactory coming online
b) Model S sales would start to take a hit nearing the date of the M3 launch if prices weren't 'competitive'

I'm guessing the MS is paying for the short comings of costings in M3 and Tesla is now a very wanted brand.