Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

100D vs. P100D 0-60

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know that Tesla advertises the Model S 100D with a 0-60mph in 4.1 seconds. The Model S P100D is supposed to get 0-60mph in 2.5 seconds using the ludicrous mode. Now my question: without the ludicrous mode enabled, will the P100D perform the same as the 100D on a 0-60??? Just curious to see the actual difference in performance between those two models without the lubricous mode activated. Thanks!

I have the same questions here. What is the 0-60 in Chill, Standard, Ludicrous, Ludicrous +. I haven’t had the time to test this but it’s high on my list of things to do. It’s hard to find a good place to legally test this in Los Angeles that is flat and wide open.

I still couldn't find the answer on those posts. The point is not to switch off ludicrous mode, I just want to know what's the difference between a P100D and a 100D, ludicrous aside. If a P100D (with no ludicrous mode enabled) races a 100D, who wins? Do they have the same acceleration?

Reactions: P100DHG.
Most of us don't turn ludicrous mode off so the point is moot. I only ever run in ludicrous or ludicrous+ mode. I know others get something out of the other modes, but I can control the throttle and chill if needed - relaxed enough for the whole family to fall asleep on a long drive.

I still couldn't find the answer on those posts. The point is not to switch off ludicrous mode, I just want to know what's the difference between a P100D and a 100D, ludicrous aside. If a P100D (with no ludicrous mode enabled) races a 100D, who wins? Do they have the same acceleration?
I am going to try to answer this in the next week and give you a 0-60 on “sport” which is what you are asking about.

P100D has chill, sport, Ludicrous, etc. I miss stated in my last post forgot standard on a P car is called sport. So I’ll test it in sport and send log to @Krash too

Your Christmas answer! P100D 0-60 in sport mode. The uncorked 100D puts out more kw so it’s possible it might win? I’ll send log to @Krash and he can give us the definitive answer but I suspect the P100D would be the loser to 60 in sport mode

I just want to add I was considering buying a 90D exactly a year ago and would have loved to have this data so I hope this helps.

22C8FB04-C480-4F2B-8EA0-9BFAA4747F0D.png

Last edited:
Interesting
Sport doesn't seem too sporty

I'd have thought turning off ludicrous would leave you with insane mode type performance. Not even close it sounds like.

Although I reckon ludicrous mode owners are in ludicrous 99%of the time

I'm in insane mode 99%of the time (P90D pre facelift)

Your Christmas answer! P100D 0-60 in sport mode. The uncorked 100D puts out more kw so it’s possible it might win? I’ll send log to @Krash and he can give us the definitive answer but I suspect the P100D would be the loser to 60 in sport mode

I just want to add I was considering buying a 90D exactly a year ago and would have loved to have this data so I hope this helps.

View attachment 268602
Wow, this is exactly what I was looking for!!! Thanks a lot DHG.! It's definitely a nice Christmas answer. :D This is super interesting how the P100D sport mode compares to the 100D... I've been trying to find data about how the two compare side by side in sport mode.

I immediately noticed exactly what this guy is talking about:
in Sport mode 100D is noticebly faster than P100D:

P.S. I would love Sport mode in P100D to be as quick as that in 100D. To me, Sport mode in 100D is a sweet spot. Ludicrous is a bit too much.

Last edited: