TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

100D

Discussion in 'Model X' started by tropical1, Nov 10, 2016.

Tags:
  1. ohmman

ohmman Maximum Plaid Member

OK, so potentially $30k difference between buying the cheapest 100 pack available today and guaranteeing unlimited Supercharging vs. buying the cheapest 100 pack available next year and paying for Supercharging. Paying for Supercharging doesn't sound so bad.

2. K-MTG

K-MTG Sunshade Captain of TMC

Ya but during the day with SCE on my TOU plan it's like 35 cents during peek hours

3. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

But that is only the Off Peak rate, which in my area of California is 11PM - 7AM. Peak rates go over $0.42/kWh in the summer. Not cheap. Hmm...the summer, when it's hot and there is a lot of AC being run, wait a minute, that's when the sun is strongest!

4. 3s-a-charm

3s-a-charm Active Member

You can order before end of December and delay production - which is what I did.

5. 3s-a-charm

3s-a-charm Active Member

Yikes! We don't even have different rates. Just the one rate any time.

6. Ben W

Ben W P85 #61, Roadster #108

True, but you still have to take delivery before April 1, 2017 to receive the unlimited Supercharging: An Update to Our Supercharging Program

7. ohmman

So your plan is to order a 90D, hope for 100D introduction, and upgrade if that happens?

• Like x 1
  8. 3s-a-charm

3s-a-charm Active Member

Exactly. My order is confirmed now and I requested Feb production/delivery but could wait until March I suppose. After that... I'll just take the 90D and be happy with it. But, if the 100D is announced, I can upgrade before production and still have the Supercharging for life. This is going to be our "road warrior" so the Supercharging is important. My Model 3 will not need Supercharging beyond the included amount.

9. vrykolas

vrykolas Member

I'm "hoping" for similar, but if they do make the 90D a software-limited 100D, then I'll stay at 90D and just supercharge to "100%" really fast (like 60D -> 75D now), and then maybe upgrade to 100D when i have some spare cash or when battery degrades a bit in the future.

10. MP3Mike

MP3Mike Well-Known Member

My guess is that they will give you a new order date when you upgrade from 90D to 100D which would eliminate the unlimited Supercharging.

11. ohmman

The reason this doesn't work for me is that I already have a 90D. I'd only upgrade if I were guaranteed to get a 100 pack, and really only because I hope to tow a trailer.

12. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

That may be allowed by Tesla, but I wouldn't count on it. There is going to be a lot of demand for the 100 battery and it is possible Tesla will decide to give priority to orders placed with the 100 at time of order and not divert their likely limited supply of 100 batteries to people who have already placed an order with a lower capacity battery.

Good luck...

13. Pdkj

Pdkj Member

I'm interested in the X100D with unlimited SC net. Because I have a long daily and I do many long road trips per year. My approach is I have an ordering appointment on Dec 30 @ my local Tesla showroom and I'm waiting to either for (1) a 100d announcement before then or (2) additional details on the new SC payment program (pricing beyond initial bundle or up charge bundles like unlimited for x$ more). I think EM tweeted there will be more payment details provided in December. If I can buy up at a fair price I may wait else I may have to go with the X P100DL which is a lot more $ for mostly impractical (all be it fun) performance

14. 3s-a-charm

3s-a-charm Active Member

No problem.. if they do I will happily enjoy the 90D :)

15. hasselboxster

hasselboxster Member

Has anyone speculated on a minor hp/performance bump with a 100kw battery? Information shows actual motor power has a higher potential than the 90kw battery setup has, battery and/or connection to - being the bottleneck.

16. ThomasB

ThomasB Member

We are very lucky in Quebec ( except for winter) we pay 0.08$ kw/hr and we complain it's to much.

• Like x 1
  17. Nimpo

Nimpo Member

I was just pulling the trigger for the 90D due to the unlimited Supercharging.
    At this moment (late March delivery according to the website), but Tesla does not garantee me it will be delivered before April 1st.

I will wait for the 100d then.

18. 3s-a-charm

3s-a-charm Active Member

I would be willing to bet that Tesla honors the free Supercharging if you order before end of Dec and they don't get you your car by April 1. When I ordered a couple of weeks ago I asked for Feb delivery and my build sheet says Supercharging as a line-item. If the April 1 date is out of your control you should be fine. Maybe ask the store?

19. jbcarioca

jbcarioca Active Member

Nobody well-informed would complain much about Hydro-Québec IMHO. One can argue that Hydro has negative environmental impact, nothing near fossil fuel though, and they're investing fortunes in wind. Not only that but EV charging is province-wide and pretty cheap. We established Tesla drivers like free
    Supercharging but that never was sustainable. I admit it I am a big fan of the entire network. So, too, are those people in the NE US who benefit from the exported power from the system.

Sent from my iPad

20. Nimpo

Nimpo Member

OK after a little persistence on the matter, Tesla guaranteed that my order will definitely have the infinite free supercharger if I ordered now, so I pulled the trigger for the 90D.

Can't believe I'll have a Tesla.

• Like x 7
    • Funny x 1