Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

100D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The P90D was $20k more than the 90D, and the P90DL was $30k more than the 90D.

The P100DL is $40k more than the 90D, so the basic math for the cash price (no options) will be:
75D - $88.8k (actual price)
90D - $98.8k (actual price)
100D - $108.8k (guesstimate)
P100D - $128.8k (guesstimate)

P100DL - $138.8k (actual price)

Ideally, I'm hoping they sell software limited 100D batteries to 90D orders soon.
OK, so potentially $30k difference between buying the cheapest 100 pack available today and guaranteeing unlimited Supercharging vs. buying the cheapest 100 pack available next year and paying for Supercharging. Paying for Supercharging doesn't sound so bad.

Yikes. That's why Solar isn't so popular here yet... with cheap electricity it's hard to convince people to switch.
But that is only the Off Peak rate, which in my area of California is 11PM - 7AM. Peak rates go over $0.42/kWh in the summer. Not cheap. Hmm...the summer, when it's hot and there is a lot of AC being run, wait a minute, that's when the sun is strongest!

So your plan is to order a 90D, hope for 100D introduction, and upgrade if that happens?
Exactly. My order is confirmed now and I requested Feb production/delivery but could wait until March I suppose. After that... I'll just take the 90D and be happy with it. But, if the 100D is announced, I can upgrade before production and still have the Supercharging for life. This is going to be our "road warrior" so the Supercharging is important. My Model 3 will not need Supercharging beyond the included amount.

Exactly. My order is confirmed now and I requested Feb production/delivery but could wait until March I suppose. After that... I'll just take the 90D and be happy with it. But, if the 100D is announced, I can upgrade before production and still have the Supercharging for life. This is going to be our "road warrior" so the Supercharging is important. My Model 3 will not need Supercharging beyond the included amount.

I'm "hoping" for similar, but if they do make the 90D a software-limited 100D, then I'll stay at 90D and just supercharge to "100%" really fast (like 60D -> 75D now), and then maybe upgrade to 100D when i have some spare cash or when battery degrades a bit in the future.

My guess is that they will give you a new order date when you upgrade from 90D to 100D which would eliminate the unlimited Supercharging.

The reason this doesn't work for me is that I already have a 90D. I'd only upgrade if I were guaranteed to get a 100 pack, and really only because I hope to tow a trailer.

Exactly. My order is confirmed now and I requested Feb production/delivery but could wait until March I suppose. After that... I'll just take the 90D and be happy with it. But, if the 100D is announced, I can upgrade before production...
That may be allowed by Tesla, but I wouldn't count on it. There is going to be a lot of demand for the 100 battery and it is possible Tesla will decide to give priority to orders placed with the 100 at time of order and not divert their likely limited supply of 100 batteries to people who have already placed an order with a lower capacity battery.

Good luck...

I'm interested in the X100D with unlimited SC net. Because I have a long daily and I do many long road trips per year. My approach is I have an ordering appointment on Dec 30 @ my local Tesla showroom and I'm waiting to either for (1) a 100d announcement before then or (2) additional details on the new SC payment program (pricing beyond initial bundle or up charge bundles like unlimited for x$ more). I think EM tweeted there will be more payment details provided in December. If I can buy up at a fair price I may wait else I may have to go with the X P100DL which is a lot more $ for mostly impractical (all be it fun) performance

I would be willing to bet that Tesla honors the free Supercharging if you order before end of Dec and they don't get you your car by April 1. When I ordered a couple of weeks ago I asked for Feb delivery and my build sheet says Supercharging as a line-item. If the April 1 date is out of your control you should be fine. Maybe ask the store?

We are very lucky in Quebec ( except for winter) we pay 0.08$ kw/hr and we complain it's to much.
Nobody well-informed would complain much about Hydro-Québec IMHO. One can argue that Hydro has negative environmental impact, nothing near fossil fuel though, and they're investing fortunes in wind. Not only that but EV charging is province-wide and pretty cheap. We established Tesla drivers like free
Supercharging but that never was sustainable. I admit it I am a big fan of the entire network. So, too, are those people in the NE US who benefit from the exported power from the system.

Sent from my iPad

I would be willing to bet that Tesla honors the free Supercharging if you order before end of Dec and they don't get you your car by April 1. When I ordered a couple of weeks ago I asked for Feb delivery and my build sheet says Supercharging as a line-item. If the April 1 date is out of your control you should be fine. Maybe ask the store?

OK after a little persistence on the matter, Tesla guaranteed that my order will definitely have the infinite free supercharger if I ordered now, so I pulled the trigger for the 90D.

Can't believe I'll have a Tesla.