TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

100D

Discussion in 'Model X' started by tropical1, Nov 10, 2016.

Tags:
  1. ohmman

ohmman Maximum Plaid Member

Infinite. I love it.

2. 3s-a-charm

3s-a-charm Active Member

AWESOME!! Congrats! I'll be without a Tesla for a few months in between cars and I REALLY miss driving one. Will make the new X that much sweeter!

3. Darryl

Darryl ModelXTracker.com Co-Adm

I am pretty sure they have already announced the price to be $30k.

4. MP3Mike

MP3Mike Well-Known Member

No, that is for a P90D to a P100DL. People are looking to upgrade a non-P 90D to a non-P 100D.

5. Halcyon

Halcyon Member

Is the guarantee even if it is delivered after April 1? How did they confirm that guarantee? Curious if they will do that for other people stateside.

6. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Congratulations! I did not realize Tesla was selling Portugal. There are no stores, showrooms, or services centers in your country according to the Find Us page at Find Us | Tesla

Your TMC member location shows as Portugal so I am assuming that is where you are purchasing your Tesla.

7. Darryl

Darryl ModelXTracker.com Co-Adm

That's the quote they gave me to go from a P90DL to a P100DL.

8. Nimpo

Nimpo Member

We will have very soon. Meanwhile we have an electric corporation that sells all eletric vehicles including Teslas.

9. Nimpo

Nimpo Member

Can't assure that but it seems that in their hearts they do not ignore that many people order now with that expectation in mind as the estimated delivery date is still showing before April 1st. I feel they are committed to deliver in schedule.

• Like x 1
  10. 3s-a-charm

3s-a-charm Active Member

Very interesting and worthy of its own topic. Please elaborate

11. 3s-a-charm

3s-a-charm Active Member

Maybe buy in Spain?

12. Nimpo

Nimpo Member

It's just easier to buy through them (http://www.zeev.pt/). They're "specialized in offering integrated solutions of electrical mobility for all types of customer" from electric bikes, motorcycles, cars, chargers, etc.

They've built a good partnership with Tesla while Tesla is not yet present in the country (it will in the short-medium term as they are already recruiting people in Lisbon for a store).

We just make the car simulation in the Tesla website or just tell them our preferences, as if we were on a Tesla store. Then they take care of all for an extra fee (transport from Netherlands and legalization expenses...)

They are very professional. If I bought in Spain I had to go to Madrid to get the car, then take care of the Portuguese legalization and registration, plates, taxes... It would be much more troublesome.

• Informative x 1
  13. fredz

fredz Member

I suppose that the P100D will use more kWh compared to a 100D, even if driven normally?

14. Saghost

Saghost Well-Known Member

We expect it will - historically the PxxD cars seem to be rated for 5-10% higher consumption than matching xxD cars, presumably mostly the result of the less efficient high power rear motor (but they are also a couple hundred pounds heavier...)

15. Saghost

Saghost Well-Known Member

I'll be very surprised if Tesla lets that happen. My bet is they'll let you take the 90D with unlimited charging - or upgrade to the 100D with new pricing and policies, included limited/paid Supercharging.

• Like x 1
  16. Nimpo

Nimpo Member

They could, it's Christmas!!! :)

17. doublebo7

doublebo7 Member

Local tesla policy;

"Free unlimited Supercharging ends for any Tesla order after 31st December 2016. Order your Model S today to continue to benefit from this incredible opportunity."

18. fredz

fredz Member

My Tesla guy (FWIW) told me that the production of the P100D battery is much "harder" than of other batteries, and that's why he doesn't expect a 100D soon...

19. WSE51

WSE51 Member

The Tesla salespeople I have been speaking with say it will be most likely be impossible to buy a non-P 100D with free unlimited supercharging. If you order a 90D prior to year-end, and if (as expected) soon into the New Year Tesla begins offering non-P 100D, if you change your undelivered 90D order to a 100D order ($500 change fee) then your order will be considered a 2017 order and no free unlimited supercharging. This is a sad outcome! If any of you have heard of a way around this, please let us know.

• Like x 1
  20. 3s-a-charm

3s-a-charm Active Member

Doesn't make sense as the build sheet doesn't change and the build sheet says it has supercharging - I expect that the 2017 build sheet will say "limited supercharging" (or something to that effect). For example if I decide to change color in Jan before build and pay $500 I doubt I would lose supercharging...

Only time will tell - everything else is a guess.