TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

100D

Discussion in 'Model X' started by tropical1, Nov 10, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Saghost

Saghost Well-Known Member

If Tesla stuck with their recent pricing, it should be around $6k more - 15 kWh jumps have been 9-10k for the last year or two.

Decoupling Supercharging will presumably allow a price drop, and Tesla also needs a chance to reset pricing downwards to reflect cheaper packs and prepare for the 3 - I'm pretty sure they can't afford to have S and X sales stop when the first 3s are being produced, so they need some combination of pricing and technology/features that keeps it interesting in the face of the 3.

I am expecting to see a bunch of new tech/feature additions to the S/X in the next six months, but I'm also expecting to see some moderate price cuts. Of course, I could be wrong...

2. 3s-a-charm

3s-a-charm Active Member

I was thinking that if the 100D becomes the new standard (no longer offering the 90D). Just like when they added heated steering wheels as standard on the cold-weather package but the price didn't change. I realize it might be more and that's okay too.

3. ohmman

ohmman Maximum Plaid Member

Tesla's historical record shows that an increase in battery pack capacity generally is accompanied by an increase in price. That may change as cells become cheaper, but I think it's reasonable to believe that a 100D will carry a premium over a 90D. The only exception to that might be if they don't release a 100D until late 2017 with the new cells.

4. BigMskiman

BigMskiman Member

Sort of off topic, but has anybody traded up their MXxxD for a P100D? I'll be killed by what they'll credit for my MX90D, but just wondering.

I would order b4 end Dec deadline......

5. qadaemon

qadaemon Member

Considered it. What they would give for the 90D wasn't acceptable to me.

6. SSD420

SSD420 Member

They offered me 73% of what I paid for my 90D 5 months ago.. I've had a few private buyers express interest which is significantly higher