Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

100D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why would a 100D be the same price as a 90D? I expect at least $10K more.

If Tesla stuck with their recent pricing, it should be around $6k more - 15 kWh jumps have been 9-10k for the last year or two.

Decoupling Supercharging will presumably allow a price drop, and Tesla also needs a chance to reset pricing downwards to reflect cheaper packs and prepare for the 3 - I'm pretty sure they can't afford to have S and X sales stop when the first 3s are being produced, so they need some combination of pricing and technology/features that keeps it interesting in the face of the 3.

I am expecting to see a bunch of new tech/feature additions to the S/X in the next six months, but I'm also expecting to see some moderate price cuts. Of course, I could be wrong...

I was thinking that if the 100D becomes the new standard (no longer offering the 90D). Just like when they added heated steering wheels as standard on the cold-weather package but the price didn't change. I realize it might be more and that's okay too.
Tesla's historical record shows that an increase in battery pack capacity generally is accompanied by an increase in price. That may change as cells become cheaper, but I think it's reasonable to believe that a 100D will carry a premium over a 90D. The only exception to that might be if they don't release a 100D until late 2017 with the new cells.