TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

10k for STek full body?

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by Teslijah, Apr 15, 2017.

1. Teslijah

Teslijah New Member

Just got quoted $10k for a well known detail shop here in Seattle/Bellevue for a full body STek wrap. They say you get what you pay for but this is the highest I've yet seen on these forums by quite a bit. Is Stek really going for that much? Fair price for a reputable installer? I think that's stek alone, no wheels, no tint, no seat backs, no dash cam install.

This is for a new X straight from delivery. Mostly it's for rock damage, I plan to park on the street so hoping to get some extra protection - any other options I should consider?

2. Odenator

Odenator P2607

Dude, just drive down to Portland to 503motoring and they'll do a full wrap on a model X for $5k. Take the money you saved and take a nice vacation. They've done my last two Teslas and they do a great job.It boggles my mind that Seattle owners would tolerate paying those kind of prices.

3. lloyds

lloyds Member

You are getting ripped off. Go elsewhere. Never heard of STek either.

4. Electric1

Electric1 Member

Presumptively Suntek?. If so, I just got mine done in Allentown Pa for half that. Outstanding job as well.

5. zackmilo

zackmilo No chrome for me!

Stek is a new brand. Is the shop Metropolitan Detail as that's where I heard of stek on their instagram. Not a good price

6. Metropolitan Detail

metropolitandetail.com 425.233.6068 12700 Bel-Red
    Hi everyone, John here from Metropolitan Detail. I wanted to first introduce myself to the OP and those who have replied. We install STEK DYNOshield, DYNOmatt and DYNOprism. For 10K, this must have been DYNOmatt, this is the only matte finish paint protection film on the market that is infused with a nano coating called HYDROphobe into the film during the manufacturing process. (High performance nano coatings can be applied to other films, but a aftermarket coating is never as durable or high performance as one that is applied during the manufacturing process). This not only makes DYNOmatt the most stain resistant film on the market, but it also is incredibly hydrophobic and easy to clean. We perform a custom installation, meaning all possible edges are wrapped and tucked away, not a computer plotted pattern for the car. Although this takes a lot more time, it does ensure a much higher quality installation. I have attached a few videos showing the 3 different films we offer.

DYNOmatt:

DYNOshield:

DYNOprism:

To date, we have fully wrapped over 200 Teslas, so experience definitely counts when performing this type of installation.

If you have any questions about paint protection film, please feel free to ask away.

Regards,

John Kleven
    Metropolitan Detail
    www.metropolitandetail.com

• Helpful x 1