Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

11/1/2022 Check Your Connection message

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed that the last 3 days or so I am frequently getting a "Check Internet Connection" message on the Tesla Solar App. My internet is fine, so I am thinking it is something on Tesla's side. Is anyone else having this issue?
I've not seen that message recently. I think I've only had it when the app could not connect to the internet or the response was slow.

Not that message, but the app has been sluggish for the last month. Ill open it up and the flow is blank. Ill either wait 10 seconds or swipe to the car and back a few times and itll pop back up. It is also slower to show changes in energy usage. Before when i turn on an appliance, the usage would jump within a second or 2. Now its around 5 seconds delayed. Not huge, but noticeable.

Reactions: power.saver
I also got the "check internet connection" error message on my Tesla iPhone app for my car connection. I got the connection working again after I shut off a VPN app that I had set up on my iPhone. Apparently the Tesla iPhone car app does not play well with VPN.

I received that message somewhat frequently but the app was working and the data was there so I ignored it. But about the same time I also could hear a three beep alarm tone every 30 seconds from my Powerwall and could not figure out what it was alarming for (contacted Tesla who said everything looked good from their end, and also posted here). Long story short, I finally determined the app was working based on my phone being paired to the Powerwall and not via Wifi. Re-connecting Wifi solved both problems - the connection warning and 3-beep alarm.

• Informative
Reactions: PSNeo