Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

11/13: Nashville, TN Hearing - Call for Owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Meeting lasted all of one minute. Tesla regulatory counsel asked to delay the review until the Commission's next meeting. Tesla counsel advised the owners in attendance that they believe that they have reached a compromise and will be able to get the sales license without the need for an additional meeting. He did not provide further details since the deal is not yet completely done.

Huge turn out of owners by the way. Great to see the support. I enjoyed meeting many of you this morning.

That's HUGE news. I have no doubt that without the clear pressure of knowing so many owners were showing up, this would not have been the outcome today.

I admit that I had wondered if people should be letting the Commission know they were coming, if we should have kept this more quiet ... but nahhhhh. They knew and had to factor that into what they were going to do. It's great that you all were there today, even if you must have been a little disappointed with such a quick (and uneventful) end. Your presence sent a very loud message to the State of Tennessee, regarding what they'd be up against if things went a different way.

Nice work.

Really great to meet everyone today! I only wish the parking situation had been better so that we could have all gotten our Teslas together to really make a statement!

Even though this meeting was the picture definition of anti-climactic, it sounds like our presence actually made a difference and made the Commission really take notice.

(Speaking of which, apparently they've been paying attention to these threads so hello to all you Commission members!)

Glad to be part of the fantastic community of Tesla owners and so glad to see such a great turnout today!

Huge turn out of owners by the way. Great to see the support. I enjoyed meeting many of you this morning.

WTG! Just showing up lends credible weight and I salute all those that took the time and effort to represent.

I attended Virginia's Dealer Board meetings a couple of times last year when it was possible that Tesla's dealership application was to be discussed. We may be on deck again if VA chooses to go the same kind of route. We may have to be pre-organized in order to be able to respond quickly if various legislatures attempt to pull a Michigan ambush.

FWIW, I was very impressed with Tesla's regulatory attorney. I would not want to be on the other end of a fight with him. Plus, he bent over backwards to thank the owners for their support. Very smart play from a customer experience standpoint.
Not to take away ANYTHING from the Tesla reps there, but I would have expected nothing less from a company whose excellence has been repeatedly demonstrated in EVERYTHING they do. These two gentlemen upheld the Tesla tradition admirably!

Kudos to all of you. From a note just received from Tesla:

It made a real difference. You all helped sap their will to fight knowing it would not play well in the press!

Feel free to post that Tesla appreciates very much their support.

Let's hope this is the end of it, but if not, we have a good team started in Tennessee. And they know it. :)

Agree with highfalutintodd about parking, may be next time we should coordinate and park in the same garage and have a mini parade through Nashville downtown afterwards!

I like that idea! If there's a next time we should coordinate a (hopefully celebratory) breakfast or lunch afterwards. Kind of an unofficial Tennessee Tesla owners' gathering. ;-)

- - - Updated - - -

And hopefully you will each get a chance to test drive soon & join this great community of passionate owners. :)

And Bonnie, several owners there mentioned you and your help with getting CHAdeMO adapters and what a class act you are. I hope to get a chance to meet you in person some time. If this continues you'll need to come to Tennessee to help us get this taken care of! ;-)

This is so American. There were liberals, conservatives, greens, libertarians, democrats, and republicans all prepared to say: "don't tell me what and how i can buy something". Just my guess from your posts!! It is so nice to agree on something for a change. Of course i am being very simplistic but you guys pulled together for various reasons to show that we can support Tesla. I promise you your attendance made ahuge difference.

And Bonnie, several owners there mentioned you and your help with getting CHAdeMO adapters and what a class act you are. I hope to get a chance to meet you in person some time. If this continues you'll need to come to Tennessee to help us get this taken care of! ;-)

I'd love to! I was more than happy to help - not much else I can do sitting in California. I'm totally annoyed over watching what the dealership lobby has done, taking laws and twisting them to stifle competition. But for me, it was a few emails, a few phone calls -- you all were there in person.

As I said at an event earlier this year, I had no idea when I bought my Roadster that I was gaining a community. And that's the part the dealership lobby has not yet fully comprehended ... Tesla doesn't just have owners, there is a community supporting them. And as TNEVol just said, it's a diverse group. Hard to dismiss us all, when everyone is represented.

I was told they worked and allowed charging at 148 mph. FAR better than the j1772 plugs.

A couple of the owners from Chattanooga I talked so said the Blink chargers themselves were hit or miss in finding working CHAdeMO chargers. Some worked, some didn't. One gentleman in particular (Hi, Chip!) couldn't get the adapter to work at one of the chargers (but wasn't sure if it was the adapter or the charger) and was wondering how he was going to make it back home. Given the number of CHAdeMO chargers at Cracker Barrels around Tennessee, it was a little disheartening to hear how problematic the chargers were.

(Bonnie, I'll be more than happy to test a CHAdeMO adapter if you've got some to go around! ;-) )