Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

11 Improvements to the Model S I want to see

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Raising volume with speed dates to the mid 90s at least on some GM products.......

I wish we could speed up podcasts. When I listen to some on my phone I listen at 1.3-1.4 times normal, I try and listen to them in the car I either have to mess with my phone or listen to what now sounds painfully slow.
Not a big deal to start a podcast on phone for a short drive, but if one ends mid-trip it sucks.

I do this too. Good idea!

It is my understanding that its best for battery life to charge at a lower rate. Most days, I plug in when I get home from work and the car sits there for 12 hours. Why charge at a faster rate?
So people who can't grasp basic facts propigate the idea that slower is better charging.
At the max 32amp rate it takes what 8+hours to go from empty to full on a SR 3 or Y? That is slow charging.

I didn't say I run it to zero, I am just putting into perspective what the charge rate is.

Some of you seem to think that if it only takes an hour or two to the recoop the days use it is fast, but if it was only 30miles it isn't fast charging.

Now granted I am not using solar so I set it to charge at night mostly but even at higher amperage I have never heard AC charging run the fans. I can check today I can charge at 72amps and am at 87miles so it will charge a couple hours. It is outside though bad only 72f today.

You seem to also be dismissing running electronics and coolant pumps and such longer with slow charging as a source of power waste and some studies suggest quicker charging to a point reduces the time the battery spends warm which is beneficial.