Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

11 miles of phantom in 53 hours and constant charge notifications?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi

I’m out of town and my car is plugged into my garage 14-50. Can anyone help me i data day why I am getting a non stop stream of these? Never seen this in my 5 months of ownership

Attachments

• 49937B67-EE97-4CE6-A6DB-2BCD3B90843A.png
    49937B67-EE97-4CE6-A6DB-2BCD3B90843A.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 98
Yes 50.6. Updated this last Friday night I believe. Car has been parked since Saturday night. Btw it just alerted me again with another charge compete notification since I posted this.

@bottomsup,

Well....that phantom drain is not totally unheard of in Very cold Temps. I’ve seen and had on average approx 3 miles per day at usually 40-50 F and as much as 9-10 miles a day in the 20’s.....(this unplugged at an airport for 4 days on average).
Can’t explain the constant Crazy Charging pushes though. I’ve had 50.6 afew days and haven’t seen this....it’s still new though.
Others can chime in.

Ski

The multiple charge notices has happened to me twice, last time in August. The car never seems to actually charge in any of the events.

I looked into it at the time and I found a few other people who also occurred the same but no one had a concrete reason for why it happens. In the end, it was just determined it was a bug. As I have not seen it in months, I assumed the bug was fixed but apparently not. The good news it just goes away on its own.

Since you are away, it may continue until you return from Europe but no need to worry about it (other than all the annoying notices on the phone).

Hi

I’m out of town and my car is plugged into my garage 14-50. Can anyone help me i data day why I am getting a non stop stream of these? Never seen this in my 5 months of ownership

I've the same thing going on since upgrading to 50.6. I have received 20+ of these notifications with the car plugged in for the past 34 hours. It has lost 11 miles in that period. The car has been parked in 60+ deg temperature.

Hi

Turn the notifications off in your app.

13 miles in 66 hours isn't a lot of phantom drain when your car is constantly awake trying to charge. Most of your phantom drain is probably caused by the charging keeping your car awake .

Go to your app and select "stop charging".

Then stop checking on the car and let it go to sleep for a day.

Reactions: JBT66 and 2012MS85
I only see "START CHARGING".

I turned off all notifications and I've now lost 6 more miles in about 5 hours since I last posted. The temperature is 74ºF. I am going to unplug the charge cable to see if that makes a difference.

Oh yes..by all means unplug the charge cable. I thought you were away from the house. Make sure the car isn't maintaining the interior temp.

Hi

Something isn’t right and it doesn’t look like excessive phantom drain.

If you can’t reboot try moving the limit way down so it’s not teeter tottering with SOC being at the limit. Then monitor it closely.

I’d reboot if you can get someone to do it.

Also you could try initiating a charge by moving limit up. Sometimes that has cleared a weird state for me.

Could be something whacko with 12V battery too.

Oh yes..by all means unplug the charge cable. I thought you were away from the house. Make sure the car isn't maintaining the interior temp.
Actually might be onto something here. Maintain temperature is new in this release. Even though you may think it is not on, it may have been defaulted on by the release. I’d toggle it on then off. Or better yet, do that then reboot. Maintaining temperature, even in a moderate climate, could definitely consume the kWh.