Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

11 months on P3D+ 15,500 miles and need new tires, which ones you got?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sup folks?!!

So after 11 months, 15,500 miles on my P3D+ , my 20” Pilot 4S need to be swapped. Are those miles what everyone is getting? I mean 2 are at yellow and other 2 are thread 6 almost yellowish.

Americas Tires quoted $1700 for 4 tires, plus extras, but I went with the Sport A/S 3+ as I might go snow areas occasionally at $1270 all included for 4 wheels. Anyone tried this A/S? Recommend another one? Tires are still on the way and I haven’t paid yet.

Only thing concerned is Acoustics, but wind noise is much worst in my opinion. Will try for a year and give my review.

cheers!!

Also anyone thinking to get the Chinese Gemini wheels from Tesla, made for 20” performance brakes?
I came on here to find out about tires as mine need replacing and we just got over 2 feet of snow dumped on us and I noticed that you are on your 2nd 3. Why if you don't mind me asking? Also what did you end up doing w/ tires? I am seeing the same mileage/wear here. I have had my car for a year now and have around 15 k miles. Don't know the exact tread but I was told about the little nub you can check on (yes, I am highly tire-tech savvy obv.)

Sup folks?!!

So after 11 months, 15,500 miles on my P3D+ , my 20” Pilot 4S need to be swapped. Are those miles what everyone is getting? I mean 2 are at yellow and other 2 are thread 6 almost yellowish.

Americas Tires quoted $1700 for 4 tires, plus extras, but I went with the Sport A/S 3+ as I might go snow areas occasionally at $1270 all included for 4 wheels. Anyone tried this A/S? Recommend another one? Tires are still on the way and I haven’t paid yet.

Only thing concerned is Acoustics, but wind noise is much worst in my opinion. Will try for a year and give my review.

cheers!!

I would be amazed if I get 15,500 miles out of my PS4S. This car eats tires for breakfast.

Reactions: one true morty
I sold my OEM wheels, tires, TPMS ASAP and bought 18" Titan 7's (forged) with Primacy MXM4 245/45 18. Great tiers and looks like I may get ~40,000 based on 8/32 tread depth after 10,000 mi.
Immediately got better ride and increased range. Also reduced chance of breakage due to taller sidewall. No tire spin on dry pavement unless cornering. Not as sticky as OEM of course. Wheels are 18lb 6oz.

Bought another set of Titan 7's and Michelin SC2's for the track.

Reactions: one true morty
I sold my OEM wheels, tires, TPMS ASAP and bought 18" Titan 7's (forged) with Primacy MXM4 245/45 18. Great tiers and looks like I may get ~40,000 based on 8/32 tread depth after 10,000 mi.

That's what I just put on my car this past Wednesday - Titan7 T-S5 wheels in 18" Satin Titanium !!! Purchased from Tony at Evasive Motorsports.

Are you using the factory lugs or did you purchase aftermarket ?

Factory. The wheels should come with center caps but on both sets I bought they were forgotten. I just called and they sent a set.
I bought the second set so that if I damage one I'll have a spare and I could see no reason to buy different wheels for the track. I'm not out for world records.

Immediately got better ride and increased range. Also reduced chance of breakage due to taller sidewall. No tire spin on dry pavement unless cornering. Not as sticky as OEM of course. Wheels are 18lb 6oz.

Bought another set of Titan 7's and Michelin SC2's for the track.
solid advice. thanks!

How is this possible?
I d
If someone drives their Performance on the stock tires in such a way as to get 34,000 miles from the tires, I wonder why they bought the performance model.
I’m wondering myself how performance drivers are only getting 7-10k miles out of the tires. I have my fun at stop lights when possible and definitely on the highway as well.