Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Electric Vehicles' started by FVO, Jun 8, 2013.
GM Hy-Wire getest door James May video Autojunk.nl (96437)
Was afraid the video would not be in English, but it is
Top Gear setment in 2002 with James May pimping the one and only GM Hy-Wire concept car. Amusing points:
- The "skateboard" is 11 inches thick, well over twice that of the Model S battery
- Rearview side cameras, still a regulatory barrier
- Obvious when the top shell is quickly removed (to show the skateboard) that there's no structural or crash protection in the top 3/4 of the car. Don't drive near semis or dump trucks...
- Motor placement between the rear wheels is remarkably similar to Model S, though not as cleanly packaged.
- Nearly all purported benefits of the car are due to the EV parts (packaging flexibility and efficiency)
- "You get hydrogen from seawater" line makes it sounds like there are hoses coming from the ocean...