Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

#114 for sale for cheap on eBay (located in UK)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You may want to clarify with the seller if that 185 ideal miles in std. mode was off of a 110/115V line. In the ebay ad I noticed it was connected to a 115v power source...

That is peculiar. Generally they don't have 115v in UK, rather 220v. I wonder if that charge complete photo was an old one back from when the car was originally in the USA.

done-charge.png

Last edited:
Not a posible that pic is from europe
No country in europe have 115V
UK have 220V-240V 50Hz TN-S like all other countrys in europe exept Norway IT system without netral on old installations and on new the standard system TN-S system

Not a posible that pic is from europe
No country in europe have 115V
UK have 220V-240V 50Hz TN-S like all other countrys in europe exept Norway IT system without netral on old installations and on new the standard system TN-S system

I'm so glad you guys are all smarter than I am! I wouldn't even have thought to address this point, I was going to ask him for a recent pic of the ideal range after a charge anyways but now I have some additional talking points on that issue, fortunately...

Thank you!

So, he uses a transformer at his house because he was told the battery would last longest if it is charged from the 120VAC source... The picture is legit... Very interesting!

I'm super excited, everything seems to be in proper order on this deal...

The 1.5 don't accept 220v charging from the standard US cable like the later 2.x can be set up for. In the beginning just to get my paper press to charge I bought a 220-110 inverter to get to it accept some juice to maintain it. Less efficient but at least I got it to eat with the standart "yellow cable". When I finally got it EU road legal and start driving it after a mandatory 6 months in the garage I got the charge cable "smart" to charge everywhere at 220/16.
Thank you Cris Howell! Back in the days evse where not really available at every street corner or home-depot store and we did not have a lowes here either to buy one.

Don't know how extend the charging option for 13600 mls roadster owners are in general. if you just charge at home and its not your daily I think it could works fine for a lot of people. (it did not for me after a while :) )

Grey import perks, just my 2 cents

I viewed that car over 18 months ago.
It was then very sound with a recent service and a battery sheet repair (biggest cost taking battery out etc).

The seller is a nice, eccentric, guy... a real EV enthusiast.

it cost him a lot of money to import the car to the uk plus prices where higher when he did it. so he's been trying to sell it for some time .. with difficulty as he was hanging out for more money ..(rhd cars are listed at 49 to 79 £1000 gbp ) BUT a) its super rare in uk b) its left hand drive - which hugely limits the market in uk and reduces its value c) he's only advertised it on fleabay .

He is based in nw london quite near to Tesla service centres.
Tesla UK head of service (about employee no 3in UK) knows the car from when it was imported ... recommended "no .. wait another 2 year for official rhd" but buyer was still SO keen ... never the less.. Tesla uk did help and repair it.

I think its done a few long, 'hypermileing' trips including to Scotland with a trailer (you might ask for the tow hitch).

I viewed that car over 18 months ago.
It was then very sound with a recent service and a battery sheet repair (biggest cost taking battery out etc).

The seller is a nice, eccentric, guy... a real EV enthusiast.

it cost him a lot of money to import the car to the uk plus prices where higher when he did it. so he's been trying to sell it for some time .. with difficulty as he was hanging out for more money ..(rhd cars are listed at 49 to 79 £1000 gbp ) BUT a) its super rare in uk b) its left hand drive - which hugely limits the market in uk and reduces its value c) he's only advertised it on fleabay .

He is based in nw london quite near to Tesla service centres.
Tesla UK head of service (about employee no 3in UK) knows the car from when it was imported ... recommended "no .. wait another 2 year for official rhd" but buyer was still SO keen ... never the less.. Tesla uk did help and repair it.

I think its done a few long, 'hypermileing' trips including to Scotland with a trailer (you might ask for the tow hitch).

Great information, thank you!

Yes, speaking with him on the phone I learned he is quite genuine, definitely an eccentric EV lover (like myself)! He has spent crazy amounts of money on this car, he sent me service records and he spent 3900GBP on his last service center visit.

I think I'll be taking it to service center for an "annual" to get the latest firmware and PEM cleaning, etc. as soon as it gets here... Is that still $600?

Ohhh no..... Not this again.

I hope this does not end up like the poor soul who bought his previous Roadster. The one that was 'not serviceable by Tesla' but he felt it was fine and fully ethical that he neglected to disclose that very important piece of information, however, he still asked nearly full price as a regular Roadster failing to discount it for a major issue that you can't get parts for it again.

Deactivated Salvaged Roadster - Service Resources

Last edited:
Reactions: heychubs
Ohhh no..... Not this again.

I hope this does not end up like the poor soul who bought his previous Roadster. The one that was 'not serviceable by Tesla' but he felt it was fine and fully ethical that he neglected to disclose that very important piece of information, however, he still asked nearly full price as a regular Roadster failing to discount it for a major issue that you can't get parts for it again.

Deactivated Salvaged Roadster - Service Resources
Good lord. "one wheel has damage (replacement is $300 from Tesla directly." That the price cast wheels, not the forged wheels on the car. And this is the car he's selling because he ran out of space in the garage? The car that he needs to help further his business enterprise? I can only imagine what he did to this car that can't be undone.

Reactions: heychubs
To be fair, this looks to be a close to market price for the car. The UK price was a heck of a deal.

Correct about it being listed as US market priced for Roadsters. However, this was mucked with by ElectricLove. It had BMS issues that he said he resolved although I'd be quite suspicious on that and if the error was just covered up rather than professionally fixed. Reading through the ad, I see he stretches his words / descriptions / estimations. A 146 CAC value does not equate to 180 ideal miles. More like 172 to 174.

And yes, his $300 quote is wrong. Its close to $900 to $1000 per wheel for the forged ones which is what's on the car. Good catch.

I'd like to say thank you for pointing out that the wheel isn't $300, that is what I paid for the last wheel I bought from them, it was for the other Roadster I had though, I didn't bother to look and see that the ones on this car cost quite a bit more. The way you said it, I'm guessing you weren't just going for a heads up, more a "throw under the bus", I get it, but thank you anyways!

Also, I obviously include both the CAC and ideal miles on full charge for full disclosure, sorry I do charge at 120VAC so you guys can beat me up about not reporting it as if I were charging on 240VAC since I actually wouldn't know exactly what that number is (since, again, I don't charge on 240!).

Anyways, I have not ever molested, tested nor personally serviced this vehicle, other than one BMB board replacement (which I did AFTER taking it to Tesla Service Center)... Not that it matters...

The guy that bought the other Roadster from me knew as much as I did when buying into the salvage Roadster, he had the same resources as I did and I answered every question he had, honestly, he was aware of the inspection process and he was aware that I never put the vehicle through the inspection process, I also told him that I don't know what his experience will be with the service center! I've been on the forums for a long time and I've had people tell me that one service center or the other is AMAZING and others say theirs sucks, YMMV is the reality, as it is with pretty much every purchase on Earth and especially any salvage purchase...

I don't see how anyone can start throwing a hissy "here we go again" because I'm selling my car, I'm asking a fair price, its a nice car and it isn't salvage titled, but anyways...

At my workplace (note: not MY business) we have established our Roadster program and we are moving on to Model S now, this vehicle never became something we needed and I just bought a Model S to replace it for my personal vehicle (learn more by living with it every day!), just in case anyone is curious...

I'd like to say thank you for pointing out that the wheel isn't $300, that is what I paid for the last wheel I bought from them, it was for the other Roadster I had though, I didn't bother to look and see that the ones on this car cost quite a bit more. The way you said it, I'm guessing you weren't just going for a heads up, more a "throw under the bus", I get it, but thank you anyways!

Also, I obviously include both the CAC and ideal miles on full charge for full disclosure, sorry I do charge at 120VAC so you guys can beat me up about not reporting it as if I were charging on 240VAC since I actually wouldn't know exactly what that number is (since, again, I don't charge on 240!).

Anyways, I have not ever molested, tested nor personally serviced this vehicle, other than one BMB board replacement (which I did AFTER taking it to Tesla Service Center)... Not that it matters...

The guy that bought the other Roadster from me knew as much as I did when buying into the salvage Roadster, he had the same resources as I did and I answered every question he had, honestly, he was aware of the inspection process and he was aware that I never put the vehicle through the inspection process, I also told him that I don't know what his experience will be with the service center! I've been on the forums for a long time and I've had people tell me that one service center or the other is AMAZING and others say theirs sucks, YMMV is the reality, as it is with pretty much every purchase on Earth and especially any salvage purchase...

I don't see how anyone can start throwing a hissy "here we go again" because I'm selling my car, I'm asking a fair price, its a nice car and it isn't salvage titled, but anyways...

At my workplace (note: not MY business) we have established our Roadster program and we are moving on to Model S now, this vehicle never became something we needed and I just bought a Model S to replace it for my personal vehicle (learn more by living with it every day!), just in case anyone is curious...
Thank you for the warning that you are branching out to model S