Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Annapolis MD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Found this comment in an Electrek thread - can someone check this site and confirm it is correct? Want to be sure before sending to supercharge.info.

upload_2018-5-27_14-17-38.png

Last edited:
More than one. For example, near me there are 10 Superchargers at one charging location. ⚡⚡⚡
Ha! Actually, few is a couple and several would be four or five or whatever which is what I was confused about. Superchargers are usually 8, recently. :D

Good to see more along route 50, for sure. The picture in the other post looked like these may not even be Urban, which is also interesting for a mail garage install.

Edit; here’s Lanny’s post. I can’t tell if these are Urbans or not but I don’t recall that much hardware for Urbans?

Annapolis, Maryland Supercharger Under Construction | PlugInSites

Update report. 27 May. No visable progress this week, other than someone opened one of the 2nd floor boxes.
Ground floor: There are 4 Supercharger stations (still in shipping crates) as noted above. Also 2 large SquareD cabinets.

Second floor: There are 8 Tesla charging stations in shipping crates. Two per each of the 4 boxes. The fenced work area has 9 parking stalls. No labels visable on these boxes to identify the model, but there is a picture of one station exposed on top box.
Second floor: There are two smaller boxes, not sure what these are. Attached a label for your entertainment.

Attachments

• small boxes.jpg
    small boxes.jpg
    302.5 KB · Views: 195
  • small box, labels.jpg
    small box, labels.jpg
    246.3 KB · Views: 211
  • large boxes.jpg
    large boxes.jpg
    354.2 KB · Views: 200
  • stalls 2nd floor.jpg
    stalls 2nd floor.jpg
    568.1 KB · Views: 199
Thanks @Albertson for the photos. The "large boxes" photo clearly shows that these are "classic" superchargers. For those traveling along 50/301 who need a longer stop, this is a much more desirable place to stop than Grasonville in terms of activities / food available. I expect it'll get crowded quickly, though.

Yes.
For a few more months, I live in the condo next to this 4 story parking structure. Ground and second floors are public parking for the retail stores & restaurants. Third & fourth floors are reserved for condo residents, where I park. There are many other parking lots, and another structure within this shopping district, so hopefully the ICE drivers will have plenty of other parking options. Not sure if the second floor Tesla chargers will be apparent on the Tesla charging station map. Most drivers may assume the ground floor set are the only ones.

(Map of area) zoom in, to see more of the food/shopping business names.

• Informative
Reactions: Chuq
@BruceW A little more activity today. One of the ground floor Tesla cabinets now has its packaging removed. You can see these 4 are just big electrical cabinets from Tesla. (not superchargers as earlier thought)
My guess is the 8 superchargers on the second floor will be installed on the second floor. The large cabinets on the ground floor are just power distribution, to support the supercharger stations located on second floor.
Still too much speculation. If true, having the superchargers on the second floor would help to reduce the risk they get blocked by ICE vehicles.
Cabinet back side.JPG Cabinet front side.JPG

@BruceW A little more activity today. One of the ground floor Tesla cabinets now has its packaging removed. You can see these 4 are just big electrical cabinets from Tesla. (not superchargers as earlier thought)
My guess is the 8 superchargers on the second floor will be installed on the second floor. The large cabinets on the ground floor are just power distribution, to support the supercharger stations located on second floor.
Still too much speculation. If true, having the superchargers on the second floor would help to reduce the risk they get blocked by ICE vehicles.
View attachment 304743 View attachment 304744

Those white cabinets are the actual Supercharger machines. The pedestals that you plug your car into are nothing more than a structure with the cable end and a light-up logo. Each white cabinet supplies power for two charging pedestals.

Interestingly, the same model Supercharger cabinet is used for both the urban-style and the standard-style pedestals. In the urban configuration, two pedestals equally split the 135 kW of available energy (about 72 kW each). In the standard configuration, two pedestals share the available power based on vehicle priority. The vehicle that plugged in first gets as much power as it requests (up to 120 kW) and the left-overs go to the second vehicle that plugs into the pair.

Reactions: Fiddler
Update report, 1 June:
Today they drilled 8 holes (2 inch dia) down through the second level parking garage floor. These 8 holes are spaced apart to aligned to the newly painted lines locating the 8 charging pedestals. One of the steel bases used to secure the charging pedestals to the concrete floor, is on the floor, but not installed. It looks like they are starting to mark where to drill the mounting anchor bolts.