Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

117xxx VIN - What to Expect?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picking up a LR AWD built on Feb1. What should I expect?

I’m not a hardcore Tesla follower, but I’m assuming:

• Dual pane side windows
  • Heated steering wheel

I’m assuming it will not include the new center console or updated headlights.

Does that sound about right?

I was the car today from a distance but it was locked and absolutely filthy. One of the cars shipped to stores recently and available for immediate pickup. Most interested in seeing decent paint and good panel gaps, but we shall see...

I am picking up a Feb 5 build tomorrow...

I am expecting dual pane windows...heated steering wheel...

50% chance I get the new center console...
0% chance to get the new headlights...

However neither of these two are that important to me...

Good luck tomorrow!

Thanks much @RocketMan777!

Test drive today sold me. Even the non-performance Long Range has great punch. Would love to be driving one now vs. waiting for the perfect configuration... The overall package is that good.

If tomorrow doesn’t work out I believe I’d be waiting until June to get a Y on a new order. I’d get the new center console of course, but that would be 4 more months in a Mercedes E300 that sounds way too much like a ride-on lawnmower for my liking.

Lots of very accurate estimates here...

We have dual pane glass and heated steering wheel but the flippy center console!

The delivery experience was underwhelming, but luckily the issues with my particular car were minor (at least to me).

All panel gaps were great. There was a gouge in the black window trim down to the metal, a scratch in the ‘wood’ on the dashboard and a few other things, but I see them all as minor because the parts are replaceable.

Thanks to all who helped here... I wasn’t overjoyed with the process, but after a long drive home I’m REALLY happy with the car.

BTW I took pain readings from multiple places on my car plus multiple others, so I’ll probably post a thread on the findings...

Attachments

• 8DC13B38-2CB5-46C9-9B25-201C158234EF.jpeg
    8DC13B38-2CB5-46C9-9B25-201C158234EF.jpeg
    693 KB · Views: 109
Congratulations! I also took delivery today...

@srlawren you are correct! Feb 5 build (Vin 121xxx) did not come with a new center console...

However this car was immaculate! Zero Issues! Surprised because I had already rejected two Model Ys earlier in the month...

I love the old center console and just installed the center console ABS wrap on it...it looks fantastic! I also got rid of the wood trim by installing a white cover on it...and installed an anti glare screen protector to the infotainment screen...attached are pictures!

Attachments

• 0B462F8C-A6ED-4393-8DBB-0120B832D617.jpeg
    0B462F8C-A6ED-4393-8DBB-0120B832D617.jpeg
    425.4 KB · Views: 78
  • FB6F523F-6D16-4819-B68B-35F2F738E2F8.jpeg
    FB6F523F-6D16-4819-B68B-35F2F738E2F8.jpeg
    539.3 KB · Views: 71
Congratulations! I also took delivery today...

@srlawren
I love the old center console and just installed the center console ABS wrap on it...it looks fantastic! I also got rid of the wood trim by installing a white cover on it...and installed an anti glare screen protector to the infotainment screen...attached are pictures!

Congrats! You got to those upgrades quickly!!

There is 0% chance of a new console. Pretty certain you will have a heated steering wheel and dual pane windows. I am picking up a 118k vin tomorrow and it doesn’t have the new console. The new consoles are 122k and above from what my SA told me.
Im 121663 vin and from what you guys are saying only 122 and up are getting the center console, lights etc.
My rep confirmed that im getting the center console and the new lights in my 121 vin. MYP that im supposed to be picking up next week