Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

1187 is close to getting a new home...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Aloha,

I've searched high and low for a while and believe I've found the 2.5 Sport. It's been described twice in the Orphan thread. It does not have the CF treatment that I was looking for, nor the black forged wheels but I figure those might come later. I've been lurking here for a bit and have learned quite a bit from all of you (thank you). I've had the opportunity to check out the R80 that was in Honolulu for a bit and a 2.0 Sport in SLC. The lure of the 2.5 Sport features and a lighter color made us hold back on those.

1187 has been inspected by Tesla at Westmont, IL and save for front tires that where not installed right (and were worn), the D button being crooked, and the 12v battery needing to be replaced, it checked out fine. They reported the main battery was fine ('no fault codes' or errors with the battery). Unfortunately, they could not provide the CAC. (Could this be?) Incidentally, the Westmont service center had another blue roadster in at the same time!

Nuccio (great guys BTW) will have a wheel repaired (there was same rash), minor paint repair, and alignment checked. According to Bill at Nuccio, it charges to 182 (standard mode).

I'm wrapping up details this week and it should soon make the track to LA, then to Honolulu, then the Big Island.

Yes - brakes and a light upgrade are top of the list (safety first). Next might be powder coating of wheels and a Visium top.

Noel

Congrats on your pending purchase, Noel. #1187 in Electric Blue looks absolutely gorgeous! FWIW, Xenons appear to still be available as mentioned here so perhaps consider ordering those and having them shipped to and installed by the Westmont SC if they can get them quickly before the car ships out.

img9743.jpg

Even though I have my own E-Blue...I am still very jealous. Always wanted a 2.5 with that interior. I hope to find one someday when the stars align and the timing is right. Congratulations on a wonderful car. You certainly deserve it!

As for the CAC, if it charges to 182 in Standard Mode, the CAC is likely around 149-151 out of 156-160. That is FANTASTIC for a car with 20,000+ miles. I also had my wheels powder coated gloss black, & it shouldn't cost more than $500 for all four.

Also to note, is just how rare the Executive Dark Gray leather option was in production Roadsters. Enjoy this car, and please update us with many, many photos when it arrives!

Congrats on your pending purchase, Noel. #1187 in Electric Blue looks absolutely gorgeous! FWIW, Xenons appear to still be available as mentioned here so perhaps consider ordering those and having them shipped to and installed by the Westmont SC if they can get them quickly before the car ships out.

img9743.jpg
I called but it may not be received in time. Do they have to be installed by the SC? As an alternative, I might try out the bulb replacement. Things are closed to being wrapped up. The dealer ended up swapping the front tires due to wear. Bill also had the wheel with the rash repaired. We should be closing this by end of week and it will soon be in a covered transport to LA. ;-)

Even though I have my own E-Blue...I am still very jealous. Always wanted a 2.5 with that interior. I hope to find one someday when the stars align and the timing is right. Congratulations on a wonderful car. You certainly deserve it!

As for the CAC, if it charges to 182 in Standard Mode, the CAC is likely around 149-151 out of 156-160. That is FANTASTIC for a car with 20,000+ miles. I also had my wheels powder coated gloss black, & it shouldn't cost more than $500 for all four.

Also to note, is just how rare the Executive Dark Gray leather option was in production Roadsters. Enjoy this car, and please update us with many, many photos when it arrives!

Thank you! BTW - I really appreciate the guidance that you offered offline. It helped with my decision-making. I will be sharing images of the car once it gets here.

Congratulations! I wonder if a Roadster has ever been on the road on the Big Island. My guess would be yours will be the first.

Thanks! I believe this will be the second one on the island. I've been told that there is a red one (model unknown) on the other side of the island. It is apparently getting the 3.0 upgrade. I hope to make contact with the owner so we can take and share photos.

Our roadster is now being prepped for shipment. I cannot wait for it to get here.

Have a great weekend, everyone. Also, Happy Veterans Day!

Aloha,

I've searched high and low for a while and believe I've found the 2.5 Sport. It's been described twice in the Orphan thread. It does not have the CF treatment that I was looking for, nor the black forged wheels but I figure those might come later. I've been lurking here for a bit and have learned quite a bit from all of you (thank you). I've had the opportunity to check out the R80 that was in Honolulu for a bit and a 2.0 Sport in SLC. The lure of the 2.5 Sport features and a lighter color made us hold back on those.

1187 has been inspected by Tesla at Westmont, IL and save for front tires that where not installed right (and were worn), the D button being crooked, and the 12v battery needing to be replaced, it checked out fine. They reported the main battery was fine ('no fault codes' or errors with the battery). Unfortunately, they could not provide the CAC. (Could this be?) Incidentally, the Westmont service center had another blue roadster in at the same time!

Nuccio (great guys BTW) will have a wheel repaired (there was same rash), minor paint repair, and alignment checked. According to Bill at Nuccio, it charges to 182 (standard mode).

I'm wrapping up details this week and it should soon make the track to LA, then to Honolulu, then the Big Island.

Yes - brakes and a light upgrade are top of the list (safety first). Next might be powder coating of wheels and a Visium top.

Noel

Congratulations!!!

I’m hoping to bring my Roadster to Hawai‘i one day. In fact, I’m in Oahu this weekend and looked at a couple properties yesterday. I am planning on exploring Big Island options, too.

Big Island is my favorite place in the world. So glad you’re bringing a Roadster there. I hope 501 can meet 1187 some day. The photo opportunities would be great.

Congratulations!!!

I’m hoping to bring my Roadster to Hawai‘i one day. In fact, I’m in Oahu this weekend and looked at a couple properties yesterday. I am planning on exploring Big Island options, too.

Big Island is my favorite place in the world. So glad you’re bringing a Roadster there. I hope 501 can meet 1187 some day. The photo opportunities would be great.

Have a wonderful visit. I'm glad you're considering the BI too - there are many wonderful places here and its 'big' - you can actually go on a 'road trip' here. ;-)

Reactions: nanimac
Aloha,

Noel

Congrats!! Would love to see it next time I’m on the Big Island! Love the color! Matches your X