TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

#1196 - Gray - Denver, CO

Discussion in 'Tesla for Sale' started by TEG, Oct 2, 2012.

1. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

Maybe you see their replacement Model S in the background?
    $(KGrHqZ,!kwFBWHI2QoPBQ,RPGj0sg~~60_3.JPG

2. Andrew Wolfe

Andrew Wolfe Roadster 472 - S 440

How did anyone get a brown one? I though only Sigs had been delivered.

3. mnx

mnx 2013 P85

Roblab got custom paint, chocolate brown i believe. And ggr did a custom pinkish colour.
    It was a 12k option and was for a limited time only.

4. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

5. augkuo

augkuo Member

I think he parked his car at a Drive Event and the brown one is the test drive vehicle -

brown model S.JPG

6. Andrew Wolfe

Andrew Wolfe Roadster 472 - S 440

Aha! The rumored "hershey bar." I remember now...

And thanks ggr. I'm not even getting mine for 2 more weeks or so and my daughter has already explained that it is not even in the same league as yours...

7. finout

finout Member

This is my roadster, and yes TEG, I don't visit much. For anyone who is interested in the details of the pictures and the sale offer:

The picture was taken at the Cherry Hills Auto Show a couple weeks ago. I had the car detailed for the show, and it was a cloudy morning with good flat light. So it was the best the car was going to look since, well, before I got it - it was delivered in a blizzard in early '11.

The Model S sat between my Roadster and one of the 2 Elises at the show; but the Model S was far more popular. But this is not my Model S: it's from the Park Meadows' Showroom. We had a Tesla rep bring it to the show, which was well worth the $20 entry fee to them IMO.

It's still for sale, but I've let the eBay listing die. I've had 4 inquiries, but they all came in after the listing ended. If I can substantially beat the trade in quote Tesla gave me (plus the 7% or so sales tax reduction it brings), I'll sell it. Then I have to find something to drive until my Silver Model S Perf shows up.

Tesla's quote says they will sell my car for $98.2K, and gives a "Private Sale Value Estimate" of $93.3K.