Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$11K Safety Feature

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ForeverFree

Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2015
Sherman Oaks, CA
Many of us work hard to justify/rationalize the $$$ we spend on fast cars.

Recently, it’s felt great to feel the truth behind the rationalizations. I’ve been up on the California Central Coast, driving a number of epic two-laners. On these roads, passing safety has depended upon rapid acceleration from 30 or 40 to ???, and, my, has the P3D responded.

On one such an occasion, I gunned the pass, slipped from behind to ahead in a two-second heartbeat, yet didn’t feel that kicked in the pants by the acceleration ... until I looked down at the speedo. Couldn’t be right. Really? Triple digits?!

So smooth and effortless as to have felt underwhelming. And, yet, so reassuring to know that the car will never leave you hanging out in left-lane peril. Instead, you’ll be safely swooshed back into the cocoon before you even realize how swiftly it’s happened.

Kudos, Tesla!

Recently, it’s felt great to feel the truth behind the rationalizations. I’ve been up on the California Central Coast, driving a number of epic two-laners. On these roads, passing safety has depended upon rapid acceleration from 30 or 40 to ???, and, my, has the P3D responded.

On one such an occasion, I gunned the pass, slipped from behind to ahead in a two-second heartbeat, yet didn’t feel that kicked in the pants by the acceleration ... until I looked down at the speedo. Couldn’t be right. Really? Triple digits?!

So smooth and effortless as to have felt underwhelming. And, yet, so reassuring to know that the car will never leave you hanging out in left-lane peril. Instead, you’ll be safely swooshed back into the cocoon before you even realize how swiftly it’s happened.

Kudos, Tesla!

Yeah.... any more advice on how to sell my wife that I'm safer when I'm faster?

Ask her if she’d feel safer spending more time in the oncoming traffic lane when passing ...

Or sweating whether or not she can accelerate in time when entering a fast-flowing freeway with a short on-ramp ...

Or pulling out into a busy street with few breaks in traffic ...

Kudos, Tesla!
That's one of my favorite "features". I have confidence that I can quickly and safely pass just about anywhere. The rapid acceleration even on uphills means that I can get around a slow moving car quickly, spending less time facing oncoming traffic.