Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

12,000 mile, 18 day Tesla Supercharger trip around the USA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Lanny

Nov 29, 2011
MD
This is being billed as the longest trip ever taken in an electric vehicle.
The Epic Electric American Roadtrip

image.jpg

Not begrudging that they're doing it or anything, but these have become "so what" events to me. Drive, charge for a bit while having coffee, drive more, etc. It's a positive thing that it's commonplace ... driving long distances in an EV is really no big deal with the right infrastructure in place.

Now, the drive to Panama? Different

Thanks for pointing that out Yobigd20.
You are right, a few months after our engagement, my wife and I did a 15k mile trip to the four furthest corners of the Continental United States in our 60kwh Model S last summer - Key West, Madawaska Maine, Blaine Washington, and the Int'l Friendship park in San Diego. I crossed into Quebec/Ontario Canada for part of it. I'm stoked for whomever is doing this trip, and wish them safe travels - but it's not the longest road trip in a Tesla, I'd think that would go to Rafael de Mestre, but they will certainly beat our time. I am excited the Supercharger Network has made cross-country trips in a EV as quick as a ICE.

The ModelS is the perfect car for road tripping, quiet, roomy, and of course lots of performance to make the boring stretches a little less so. Tesla launched the Customer Stories blog at TM.com with our story and three others, I also posted something to Jalapnik with a couple more pictures if your interested:
A Complete Circuit - A Tesla Road Trips the United States
If you really want to be all stalkerish... we started a blog for the first 8 days or so... but once Bridget left the trip, I got all lazy and stopped posting: Tesla... Meet America | On the Road in a 60KW Model S

IMG_2734.JPG

Last edited: