Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Torontonian here, just getting 12.11.1 today on my M3 Performance stealth with HW3.

Will let you know if stopping for lights works once it installs. Typically I see many FSD features take 1-2 months behind the US to work in Canuckistan.

I can't believe Ambient Lights would be an upgrade option. You sure you don't see this setting...

View attachment 539097
SR+ version...
image.jpg

Mine updated to 2020.12.11.1 about an hour ago, it’s not gone to sleep since, it’s making a noise constantly.
It only said dash cam viewier (which I had on 12.5) and out of order super chargers which I also had.

Software version is showing as 2020.12.11.1 but no noticeable changes, other than it won’t shut up.

Mine updated to 2020.12.11.1 about an hour ago, it’s not gone to sleep since, it’s making a noise constantly.
It only said dash cam viewier (which I had on 12.5) and out of order super chargers which I also had.

Software version is showing as 2020.12.11.1 but no noticeable changes, other than it won’t shut up.

Noise? OK let me go check my M3 in the garage, like a pump? The update reappeared and then applied for me. Version 2020.12.11.2

Yes a constant pump that changes in frequency occasionally

You are correct. So I got into the car to check the new dashcam viewer which btw is smooth lovely. The car made the usual low tone pump noise as used to. When I closed the door there is now a high pitched whine coming from when I look at the car from the front, to the right side. Its a new sound for my M3 for sure. I would assume some tweaks to circulating the coolant?

Returned to the car 5 mins later and it has all shutdown as normal.

You are correct. So I got into the car to check the new dashcam viewer which btw is smooth lovely. The car made the usual low tone pump noise as used to. When I closed the door there is now a high pitched whine coming from when I look at the car from the front, to the right side. Its a new sound for me for sure.
And does it continue if you walk away, lock the car and go back to the car?
I left mine 30 minutes and it’s still doing it. This has got to drain the battery, I’ve tried putting it to sleep on the display, the display goes dark but the noise still continues.

I wonder if the cameras can detect pedestrian crosswalk lines and stop for pedestrian if any,
and start after showing a pedestrian passing in front of the car?

The safety features have nominally included stopping for pedestrians in the road for quite a while now.

If they added a feature to stop for the crosswalk, I assume it would be confirm to continue if it doesn’t detect a pedestrian.

Mines in the garage at 14c.
I’ve just phoned Tesla, they can’t do anything after checking my car remotely and advised to book a visit to Service Centre

Mine shuts off with the car it seems, I have not used it. Only thing I would suggest is try the hold break pedal and both buttons on the steering wheel hold until you see it go off and let go when you see the T logo. This should reset the system, I do this before I drive on a new update just to make sure its refreshed.

I could have sworn I saw a video on YouTube from Dirty Tesla that showed that no matter what you did it would not go through a red light. He tried it several times with the stalk and accelerator and it would not go through a red light.

I am wondering how it works if there is a right turn on red allowed.

Tried the right turn on red yesterday. Don't use the stalk, just press the accelerator, but don't be tentative. If you let off before you are through the intersection it will activate the brake.

Mines in the garage at 14c.
I’ve just phoned Tesla, they can’t do anything after checking my car remotely and advised to book a visit to Service Centre
Mine is doing same thing. Pump wont shut off.
Cruise and autopilot inop. Back up camera inop. Says autopark is inop ( dont have autopark).
Might be an issue with update since I have the HW3 but no FSD that gives you autopark.