Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

12/2016 MCU1/AP2 MX can't see latest update.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

Seems like I have an issue with the latest update.
Currently, my car has 2020.24.6.11 which my car has installed back in late July.

I had trouble with this update - the car was not able to fully download software and simply stuck. I have tried many things but only after full reset to factory settings update has been delivered and installed by car.

As far as I know currently there is the latest update is available (2020.36.3) but my car always says the software is up to date.

What do you think? Is there some problem or I have to wait for it more and the car will get an update?

Updates set as "advanced" and I did reboot many times including powering off the car.

Does you car have FSD capability? The advanced is only for those folks as far as I know. But, you should have received newer updates by now regardless. You can open a support appt via app stating you are not able to receive updates. They will check you logs and even push the latest update with out actually needing to come in. If they cannot determine a problem, they may ask for you to continue with the appt.

Does you car have FSD capability? The advanced is only for those folks as far as I know. But, you should have received newer updates by now regardless. You can open a support appt via app stating you are not able to receive updates. They will check you logs and even push the latest update with out actually needing to come in. If they cannot determine a problem, they may ask for you to continue with the appt.
Thank you for your reply!

My car has EAD but no FSD at this moment.

I did request an appointment via the mobile app and they told me my car is up to date...

Well sounds like the only one thing I can do here is to wait.

Attachments

• photo5100804561068730568.jpg
    photo5100804561068730568.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 63
Thank you for your reply!

My car has EAD but no FSD at this moment.

I did request an appointment via the mobile app and they told me my car is up to date...

Well sounds like the only one thing I can do here is to wait.
I believe all of the newer updates impacted FSD vehicles only. So, you are on the latest with EAP.

I have a 11/16 build date. But, I do have FSD. I received 2020.36.

Reactions: Mandarin
I believe all of the newer updates impacted FSD vehicles only. So, you are on the latest with EAP.

I have a 11/16 build date. But, I do have FSD. I received 2020.36.
I have a similar build, and no FSD yet, but got the 2020.36.3.1 and seeing more than before in IC.
Chime on signal lights and other features, I'll be shy of for now.

old |v2020.32.3|AP2.5,MCU2,PUP|
new |v2020.36.3.1|AP2.5,MCU2,PUP|

I have a similar build, and no FSD yet, but got the 2020.36.3.1 and seeing more than before in IC.
Chime on signal lights and other features, I'll be shy of for now.

old |v2020.32.3|AP2.5,MCU2,PUP|
new |v2020.36.3.1|AP2.5,MCU2,PUP|
Did you pay for FSD and not receive the upgrade yet? I know Tesla opened up features for 2.0 and 2.5 folks that purchased FSD but have not received module update.

Does yours also read speed limit signs? Not sure if that was an FSD module requirement item.

Did you pay for FSD and not receive the upgrade yet? I know Tesla opened up features for 2.0 and 2.5 folks that purchased FSD but have not received module update.

Does yours also read speed limit signs? Not sure if that was an FSD module requirement item.
Did not buy FSD yet, so EAP I have. Bought entertainment upgrade MCU2 and that was a huge improvement.
I'll check speed limit signs next, I guess you mean the GPS info is overwritten on IC as we pass a readable sign with different posted speed?

Did not buy FSD yet, so EAP I have. Bought entertainment upgrade MCU2 and that was a huge improvement.
I'll check speed limit signs next, I guess you mean the GPS info is overwritten on IC as we pass a readable sign with different posted speed?
Correct. If the GPS is different than the posted, it will read the sign and override with posted. The capability should have been listed in your release notes for the update. So, if you do not see that in the release notes, you probably do not have it and FSD is required.

Correct. If the GPS is different than the posted, it will read the sign and override with posted. The capability should have been listed in your release notes for the update. So, if you do not see that in the release notes, you probably do not have it and FSD is required.
Yer right. It shows in my release notes but I have no FSD.
Today, (Saturday), I (on a 35mph road) went thru a school section and my car IC did not display/capture the school-time 25mph shown on sign.
Everywhere today, my IC displayed what were on the signs rather than what was prior (GPS answer). So it's reading the signs and knows what is or is not a school day I guess. Is this what you mean? And I don't have FSD yet.

Yer right. It shows in my release notes but I have no FSD.
Today, (Saturday), I (on a 35mph road) went thru a school section and my car IC did not display/capture the school-time 25mph shown on sign.
Everywhere today, my IC displayed what were on the signs rather than what was prior (GPS answer). So it's reading the signs and knows what is or is not a school day I guess. Is this what you mean? And I don't have FSD yet.
That is it. So you are reading signs without FSD.