Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

12.24kW, 2 PW Install in TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update: got PTO last Thursday after reminding Tesla that the install had been completed, Centerpoint were quick to approve (2 days) once done. I never did trial it before PTO :)

Happy with the production figures so far (56.9kWh so far today), I saw a peak of 11.2kW at one time (is there a way to see the highest recorded peak in the app, without exporting?)

Any recommendations for energy supplier/plans for the Houston area?

I'm currently with Reliant, and had thought about switching to their Simple Solar Sell Back 12 Plan, but the rate I've been given is 15.9c. My current, non-solar, plan is 10.2c.

Tesla recommended MP2 Energy during the ordering process, which is quite a bit cheaper than Reliant Solar (rate is based on monthly usage):
  • 500 kWh 11.3¢
  • 1000 kWh 10.9¢
  • 2000 kWh 10.6¢
Likely to go with MP2 unless there's a reason not to.

...), I saw a peak of 11.2kW at one time (is there a way to see the highest recorded peak in the app, without exporting?)

Boy, that is a great production if that is the peak on a 12.2 system in mid October. Imaging closer to June when sun is the most northerly and perhaps for Houston, a month or so beforehand as it is closer to being above you than a bit over the top.
My first three years, 2012, 13, 14, May was the very best monthly production, and then came June being number 1 for 3 more times but not in sequence.
If you have an iPhone app, under power flow then solar should be able to use that cursor to move to the peak and gives you a readout. Cursor is in 5 min increment movement.

Update: got PTO last Thursday after reminding Tesla that the install had been completed, Centerpoint were quick to approve (2 days) once done. I never did trial it before PTO :)

Happy with the production figures so far (56.9kWh so far today), I saw a peak of 11.2kW at one time (is there a way to see the highest recorded peak in the app, without exporting?)

Any recommendations for energy supplier/plans for the Houston area?

I'm currently with Reliant, and had thought about switching to their Simple Solar Sell Back 12 Plan, but the rate I've been given is 15.9c. My current, non-solar, plan is 10.2c.

Tesla recommended MP2 Energy during the ordering process, which is quite a bit cheaper than Reliant Solar (rate is based on monthly usage):
  • 500 kWh 11.3¢
  • 1000 kWh 10.9¢
  • 2000 kWh 10.6¢
Likely to go with MP2 unless there's a reason not to.

Impressive. I am lucky to generate 10 kWh with my 12.75kW system. Noticing my roof is in shade a lot these days.

Boy, that is a great production if that is the peak on a 12.2 system in mid October. Imaging closer to June when sun is the most northerly and perhaps for Houston, a month or so beforehand as it is closer to being above you than a bit over the top.
My first three years, 2012, 13, 14, May was the very best monthly production, and then came June being number 1 for 3 more times but not in sequence.
If you have an iPhone app, under power flow then solar should be able to use that cursor to move to the peak and gives you a readout. Cursor is in 5 min increment movement.

Thanks, somehow missed that. The 11.2 must have been momentarily as the maximum using the cursor is *only* 10.8. Yes, very happy with the production figures :) Will be interesting to see what we look like in May.