Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

12/26/2020 Update changed the owners console

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
the latest software update has changed the look of the drivers console. The one biggest issue is that they removed the voice activation button and burried it in the navigation screen. Now the driver will have to search the navigation panel for the voice activation button taking thier eyes off the road for a much longer time. Tesla needs to bring back the voice activation button back to the drivers console like it was before this latest software update.

Hi All,

Quick confirmation and then details...
Software referenced above is 2020.48.26

The Tesla "T" is indeed gone...
All of that information is on the Software Panel...
As stated above the Christmas display is in the Toy box.

To activate voice controls for me (2018 X),
I press the upper button above the scroll wheel on the right side of the steering wheel...

Enjoy,

Shawn

PS - In addition to smaller fonts on the IC,
I have noticed the "D" for drive, normally white, turns blue on autopilot.

For those of us who are “older” (over 50-ish) and who may need readers to see small/close type, the new look really bites. The important stuff like speed, charge% odometer, etc. have shrunken below (at least my personal) visibility. Why did they do this? Preparing for FSD? I wish they had a “big type” accessibility mode where I could see like before (which was beautiful) without jacking the display brightness way up and squinting.

And yes I passed my vision test with a corrective lens restriction like so many others.

And I discovered that [email protected] bounces. Their contact form won’t let you post without selecting that you are either interested in buying powerwall or you want to be a dealer for same???? The factory forums are the all-time worst I have ever used, and that’s saying something. Not heartwarming for a vehicle owner. Irritating in fact.

Reactions: cvoltage
For those of us who are “older” (over 50-ish) and who may need readers to see small/close type, the new look really bites. The important stuff like speed, charge% odometer, etc. have shrunken below (at least my personal) visibility. Why did they do this? Preparing for FSD? I wish they had a “big type” accessibility mode where I could see like before (which was beautiful) without jacking the display brightness way up and squinting.

And yes I passed my vision test with a corrective lens restriction like so many others.

And I discovered that [email protected] bounces. Their contact form won’t let you post without selecting that you are either interested in buying powerwall or you want to be a dealer for same???? The factory forums are the all-time worst I have ever used, and that’s saying something. Not heartwarming for a vehicle owner. Irritating in fact.

The organization is much better, speedo is smaller and more appropriate conserving some space. The only thing I would have done differently would be to flip the position of the clock/outside temp with the shift indicator. It has alway seemed to me, the car controls should be positioned more toward the center. Time of day and outside temp are external factors and should be on the outside. But really a pretty minor nit, I'll get used to it. Overall, I like it quite a bit!

Reactions: cvoltage

I'm at the ripe age range of above 60-ish and haven't had any issues with the new font size in fact I like the smaller sharper font, overall I think it's a great update and in play to support FSD.

Reactions: X-pilot
the latest software update has changed the look of the drivers console. The one biggest issue is that they removed the voice activation button and burried it in the navigation screen. Now the driver will have to search the navigation panel for the voice activation button taking thier eyes off the road for a much longer time. Tesla needs to bring back the voice activation button back to the drivers console like it was before this latest software update.
I am curious about where this voice activation button ever was? Why would it have ever been used instead of the button on the wheel?

The organization is much better, speedo is smaller and more appropriate conserving some space. The only thing I would have done differently would be to flip the position of the clock/outside temp with the shift indicator. It has alway seemed to me, the car controls should be positioned more toward the center. Time of day and outside temp are external factors and should be on the outside. But really a pretty minor nit, I'll get used to it. Overall, I like it quite a bit!

Now with 48.35.5, the speedo is larger. To me, it looks out of balance with the other items in that group. Not properly aligned. It was better before (w the smaller font)