Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
People waiting for invites.. please log into your mytesla account. My first invite showed up in email about a month after I had already seen it in my account. Others have already reported this with the non-Owner invites that just went out. They logged in to find they could configure, with no email.

Non-owner, East coast, line waiter (12:30 PM ET). No invite yet. [I did select Dual Motor a while ago on Tesla's Model 3 Delivery Estimate page. I'm assuming I'll still get invited before the D's are ready, though, in case I want to change my mind.]

People waiting for invites.. please log into your mytesla account. My first invite showed up in email about a month after I had already seen it in my account. Others have already reported this with the non-Owner invites that just went out. They logged in to find they could configure, with no email.
Can confirm. Never saw an e-mail. Just obsessive, compulsive checking of my account after I saw the WSJ article.

Non-owner, East coast, line waiter (12:30 PM ET). No invite yet. [I did select Dual Motor a while ago on Tesla's Model 3 Delivery Estimate page. I'm assuming I'll still get invited before the D's are ready, though, in case I want to change my mind.]

That will not change when you get the invite. I had the same and I got my invites with everyone else at the exact right time based on where I figured it was at in line. I was in that last batch with my June 2017 invite and with a bunch of other folks in the mid west with my first one.

That will not change when you get the invite. I had the same and I got my invites with everyone else at the exact right time based on where I figured it was at in line. I was in that last batch with my June 2017 invite and with a bunch of other folks in the mid west with my first one.
That's what I figured, but thanks for the confirmation. Gonna have to decide whether to wait for AWD or P or just go for it when I get my invite. Inclined to wait for the P, but details are lacking...

Horrible time trying to access the spreadsheet, either it's the number of people trying to update their reservation or the server where this is at is bogged down. It finally appeared and drew in the window but I'm trying to select row 3 and do the data/temporary thing but getting nowhere. Just thought I'd mention. Tried early this a.m. and same thing.

@Troy @chojn1 Is there a calculation on this sheet that shows estimated total number of deferrers? As we get farther along with only 1 config available I'm imagining a huge number of reservation holders waiting for some future option. When a new option becomes available (or the Tax Credit phaseout gets triggered) I am imagining a huge wave of orders. That could significantly delay when your car will be available after you configure. How will Tesla prioritize this? Still by reservation time or purely by configuration confirmation time?

Reactions: Pkmmte
@smak

As soon as you enter an invite date, you are automatically listed as deferred until you enter a config. date. There may be a lag between the time you enter the config date and your status change to configured depending on the traffic. Yesterday traffic was pretty heavy. I do see you as configured now though.

@mrkymarc

When I get some free time next week, I'll look at the owner's data to get a better idea of the deferral rate. Given how rapidly the owner's list was completed, I suspect that it will be a lot higher than the 30% suggested on the sheet right now. The deferrers are not as likely to report as those configuring.

Anyway, once we get a better idea of that rate, we'll get you a better estimate as well as the projections for the non-owners.

CJ

Hi all Model 3 owners .
I'm the owner of a model S 85D since 3 years ; very happy .
I'm coming from Europe (Belgium) for a congress in San Francisco from 16th to 24th March.
I will visit the Tesla factory in Fremont on 19th March .
I would be pleased to get in contact with a Model 3 owner in SFO to see the car ( not yet possible in Europe) and maybe make a short trip.
If anybody ready , let me know ; PM me
Thanks a lot
Phil

-note: mod edit to remove email address

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Skidmark