TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

12 days and 1,900 miles on my 3 so far!

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Recumpence, May 11, 2018.

1. Recumpence

Recumpence Member

Hey Guys,

As the title says, I have had my 3 for 12 days and have put 1,900 miles on it. I gotta say, this is a very different experience! This car reminds me of a semi-exotic like a Lotus in that it has a bit of minor build/design quirks and overly chintzy items in the interior, but a phenominal drive system and overall technology. The car is fast, efficient, quiet, very good looking, and a huge hoot to drive.

The only issue I have had is the somewhat buggy electronics. My GPS stopped working for an entire day (that is fine now) and my Android phone doesn't sync for phone calls reliably. I have never had the door unlock problem others have had. My does always unlock as I grab the handle. But, more than 50% of the time I have to manually tell the car to pair with my phone for calls and, even then, it can take 2 or 3 minutes to finally sync. I have an appointment next week for them to look at it.

Other than that, this thing is awesome! Oh, the autopilot is fantastic, it has never asked my to take over. It just works.

Matt

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
  2. RayK

RayK Member

Wow... almost 58K miles per year at that rate!

3. RedT3

RedT3 Member

Haha yep, maybe you and I are the same type. We’re finding excuse to take the Tesla every where! 30 days = 3000 miles! Oh wait only 3 weeks, I had a loaner for a week and that was 800 miles.

Elon and team, if you’re reading this, give us unlimited miles for 3 years. We’ll prove to haters that the car will last for 500k miles.

4. Sandiegodoug

Sandiegodoug Member

I use to group all my little errands together as to not to waste gas but now, I look for excuses to drive my 3. And I go the long way home.

5. Recumpence

Recumpence Member

I am very lucky. I use my car for business. I get to write off 54 cents per mile. So, I make money driving my car! How's that for a blessing?

Matt

• Like x 2
  6. evp

evp Nerd

Yup, know the feeling. I did 6700 miles in the first two weeks. I've settled down a little -- 100K miles in 3.5 years.

7. MVuu

MVuu Member

I've driven ONLY 4k miles in 2 months and every mile has been fun and stress-free!