Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

12 hour Autopilot Time Lapse

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got as real kick out of that. Yes, I am a geek. Thanks.

Oh how I wish our roads in CA were so CAR-FREE! The idea of those lovely smooth roads with so few cars on them is nirvana to me.

Yeah, California really sucks, traffic in the NE corridor is so much better:wink:
Note the video starts in Central Virginia between DC and Richmond. The first stretch of the Journey was likely much less CARe-free.

Last edited:
I just took a MB S550 for a test drive to compare the safety features "autopilot light". I wanted to compare with your road trip video. My Signature is tooooooo old at 3.5 years to have autopilot. The Tesla is soooo superior. The only areas that the MB excelled at were emergency stopping and parallel parking. The MB used satellite gps information on road speeds that differed from the posted limits and limited the car's speed too much for me. School zone in the wrong place and on a Saturday. Future limit but not currently posted limit looking at the sign next to the car.

I would love to drive long distances more safely. I believe that autopilot helps due to driver fatigue. I look forward to my next Tesla one day when my ship comes in.

I loved watching the time delayed video. It gave a great feel for the autopilot.

Admittedly I didn't watch the whole thing, but I got fixated on the fact that he had to reboot the 17" screen at least twice during the first half of the drive.:scared:

This is actually my video and glad to see someone posted it here. Note on the reboot, I believe it's a bug with the map. Whenever I used the map in full screen mode, after a while, the center screen rebooted itself. I'm thinking it might be some kind of memory leak or something.