Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

12 Li-ion battery dead [car bought at auction]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought the car from the auction that was not drivable ( blown pyro fuse and airbags ) that's the reason probably why 12v li-ion battery is drained. I replaced profuse and with jump start connected car can turn on the screen , update software and I can hear CLICK on the high voltage battery. Problem is that windows are roll down and I can't move them any direction , and car is not showing gears so I can't move the car also. Any help will be appreciated as im new to this stuff and trying to learn and enjoy my repair before I call Tesla :) this is learning project.

Lucas

You need to replace the vcfront and most likely the LV battery then do software update while powering the car with a 13.5V power supply that is capable of providing 50A. PM me with any questi

It will sound stupid but I can't find the way how to PM anyone here.
SO I saw somewhere that you can reset vcfront ( I guess service menu ) also I was wondering if is not easier to repair the car and call Tesla to switch battery ( car is with clean title and still under warranty )