Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

12 Model S for $60k a piece?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Trnsl8r

S85 2012-2018, X90 since 2016, 3 since 2018
Aug 20, 2011
San Jose, CA
Spotted this on Craig's List. Haven't contacted the seller... yet. What say the collective braintrust, too good to be true?

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/4875635203.html

OUR COMPANY LEASES ARE COMING UP ON 12 TESLA MODEL S

MILEAGE IS FROM 6000 - 18000 DEPENDS ON CARS

2 WHITE ONES
4 BLACK ONES
4 GREY ONES
2 BLUE ONES

I WILL BE GETTING LIST OF EMAILS AND WILL HAVE AN OPEN HOUSE ON ALL 12 CARS AT THE SAME TIME , LOOKS LIKE WE WILL HAVE THE OPEN HOUSE ON FEBRUARY 28TH ., 1:00 - 5

there will be no lower prices accepted the price is $60,000 , once you email me your email address ... I will update you on procedure

I call shenanigans. I bet he asks for a "refundable deposit" in order to verify that you are serious. And then it turns out to be not so refundable and the open house doesn't really exist.

Edit/follow up: surprised to see some of y'all think this is a serious advertisement. Gentlemen, it's a Craigslist ad. For 12 Teslas at $60k ea. With stock photos. Guy listing it also typed in ALL CAPS, which is required practice by the scammers union. He even set the evil bit to 1.

Last edited:
I sent an email, we'll see. $60k isn't substantially below market rate, though, especially considering lack of Tech. We just had a huge thread this week to demonstrate to some 85kWh owner his car was worth $65k. He had more miles, but also had tech.

The leasee always has the option to purchase the car at the end of the lease for the residual amount. I would guess that the residual is about $50K, and if he can get 60K per car then he pockets 120K on the transaction.

For the year and mileage, the price seems pretty low and the lack of pictures is concerning. "Every option except tech package" seems really odd. I'm not dismissing it out of hand, but beware.

all options no tech. the cars were well under $80k new after Tax credits
no ambient lighting or fog lights

seems ok, besides the pictures maybe?

I don't believe they'd be well under $80k new after tax credits. They're listed as 2013, question is whether they were old pricing or new. Every option == leather seating, third row seats, higher accent/trim level, studio sound, etc. The 85 kWh battery alone was $10k above the minimum price of the vehicle back then.

For the year and mileage, the price seems pretty low and the lack of pictures is concerning. "Every option except tech package" seems really odd.

I would say "beyond belief". That makes no sense at all.

Two of the photos shown are Tesla marketing photos. And two of the photos show cars with Euro shaped plates that have been blanked out.

The ad is a scam.

You don't have to lease from the manufacturer-- you can lease from a finance company or a bank. If they ordered a bunch of Model Ss right when the Sigs started coming out, the timing would be about right for a two year lease to be up now, wouldn't it?

That said, it might be a scam-- but you can go on the date and see. As others have pointed out, $60k probably isn't much of a bargain price for these cars anyway.

I didn't think leases were available in the very beginning. So it would appear to be a very short lease term.

I don't believe they'd be well under $80k new after tax credits. They're listed as 2013, question is whether they were old pricing or new. Every option == leather seating, third row seats, higher accent/trim level, studio sound, etc. The 85 kWh battery alone was $10k above the minimum price of the vehicle back then.

ah....my bad. somehow took the 12 and made it '12
then added the 4+4 + 2 + 2 and got 10....what day is it?

meant that if they were '12s that is ~ok

He/she added the part about "no tech package" after I started the thread. That makes it slightly more credible price wise, but who in the world would order the car with "all options except tech package"?!? The Tech package is the most important option IMHO.

Suddenly became much less interesting...