Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

12 months in - M3 LR and 25k miles in

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Auto high beam is indeed very poor. I never use it. The fact that Autopilot now automatically puts auto high beam on means that I no longer use Autopilot at night, that really should be optional or separated from Autopilot. The wipers are annoying but the simple press on the stalk to activate a wipe means it doesn’t bother me too much. I get more annoyed when they wipe rapidly when there is no rain.

I agree with you overall though. Drivetrain and battery tech is fabulous. Not a Spotify user so the recent addition of Apple Music was great for this Apple centric household. And I also never understood the point of a heated steering wheel, but I do now!

Agree with this. Preheating and defrosting the car on a cold winters morning while supping a coffee in the house is a delight I will never get tired of. I know other cars can do this but the ease of doing it via the app is great.
Actually the AHB since last couple updates is good. At keast usabke

Actually the AHB since last couple updates is good. At keast usabke

I used Autopilot last week on the M4 between Heathrow and South Wales. By Reading I’d already been flashed 4 times by drivers on the other side of the motorway so decided then that it wasn’t good enough.

If they improve it, great. But I’d rather they simply allowed drivers to disable auto high beam when using Autopilot. I don’t see why the two features need to be combined. Especially for motorway driving where Autopilot works best and there is really no need for high beam headlights.

Reactions: WannabeOwner
Ditto and my thinking is eventually Tesla will release an update that sorts them out so they won’t be this annoying forever.
They do get better; 2.5 years into ownership of my M3LR and the auto wipers and auto high beam are now hugely improved (you might find that hard to believe…), going from truly unusable to just-about-functional, though AHB still has a way to go and auto wipers at night still less than ideal. Still well worth putting up with these foibles for the overall Tesla experience IMO as well.