TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

12 V Battery: positive terminal disappeared?

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by California Roll, Jan 1, 2016.

1. California Roll

After taking delivery of my Model S 90D about a month ago and staring at the nosecone since, I finally decided to take it off, primarily to locate the 12V battery terminals. Just in case. Based on youtube videos and various posts here, I fully expected to find a red-colored positive terminal, and the uncolored negative terminal, welded to the frame.

The negative terminal was there ok, looking as expected. But try as I may, the positive terminal was nowhere to be found.

Any clues as where it may be hiding would be much appreciated.:confused:

2. darrenf

darrenf Member

It was recently moved. A buddy of mine with a towing company was notified of the change. I don't remember the new location precisely but it is under the front hood. If I get a more precise description I'll post but I bet that info is in your owner's manual.

3. California Roll

Thanks, I looked in the manual but couldn't find anything, barely anything on the 12V battery at all. I guess I will have to keep digging, or maybe ask the guys at the Service Center. They don't seem to be to eager to share technical details, as far as I can sense.

4. Ames

Ames Member

Bump. I would love to know where the positive terminal is as well. Anybody? Not all of us have the luxury of an SC within easy range...