Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

12 v battery replacement.what a joke

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Long story. I tried to cancel an appointment in the app for a slacker radio problem that was resolved and couldn't cancel it. In the mean time I get the battery warning message. App won't let me schedule an appointment for the battery. So I texted that I need the battery replaced. Someone texts, sure come in. I was suspicious that it would be that easy and without an appointment. So I ask for clarification and now they have me scheduled for August 12th.... ridiculous...oh but they will push the appointment to sooner when the battery that is ordered to comes in. Problem is I now have to drive my ice vehicle 1500 miles when I have free supercharging.Major design flaw

Why can you not drive the car? A failing 12V battery will still work for some time.

Also, I am puzzled by your experience. In any case, I just had mine replaced two weeks ago. I received the alert Sunday morning. I opened the app, requested service, confirmed my appointment, and had mobile service replace my battery Monday afternoon. I do not think the whole process could have gone any smoother, especially since support proved fully engaged on Sunday.

[I see your latest response. Have you tried scheduling a replacement at your trip destination? Let mobile service come to you!]

The App, Service, Battery, Charging (or Other instead of Battery) -- indicate 12 volt battery needs replacing, or whatever, and so forth. In my area, Mobile Service usually can do this quickly. Perhaps they are having issues keeping them in stock in your area. Hopefully your issue will be resolved soon.

Why can you not drive the car? A failing 12V battery will still work for some time.

Also, I am puzzled by your experience. In any case, I just had mine replaced two weeks ago. I received the alert Sunday morning. I opened the app, requested service, confirmed my appointment, and had mobile service replace my battery Monday afternoon. I do not think the whole process could have gone any smoother, especially since support proved fully engaged on Sunday.

[I see your latest response. Have you tried scheduling a replacement at your trip destination? Let mobile service come to you!]
I had it replaced before and they came out within a couple of days. I can drive it but don't know when it will die and the closest service center out of town is 2 hours away and I am on a tight schedule.

ICE cars don’t work without 12v batteries either.
wrong, back when i wasn't making much money my battery crapped out so i removed it and i taped off the pos terminal with e tape and always parked on a hill and bump started it. Did a similar thing when my starter went out, i had it there in the pass seat and would just park on a hill till i had enough money to buy a new starter. I love manual transmissions. As long as the alternator works the car will run just fine with no battery.