Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

12 Volt Accessories Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Jason71

May 8, 2019
Shropshire
Thinking about situations like days out or camping and using something like a 12v electric cool box can someone answer the following about the Model 3.

Does it have Standard 12v accessory sockets ( i.e. the old cigarette lighter type)
If so how many does it have and where are they in the car?
Assuming the answer is yes do they stay powered on when the car is not in use?
Assuming yes to that does using them when the car is not in use cause any issues such as stopping the car from sleeping?

Reactions: M3-Newbie
I never bought one in the end just got a good Coleman that can keep stuff cool for days without power (given enough ice)

Checked out some google reviews on the Coleman ones and that does sound good! Don’t need one yet - but now I know that’s the one - thanks!

@Mr H - Re camp mode, yeah I’d be using that overnight, but not while out walking in the day so the ‘old school’ version sounds the best option here - thanks!

Reactions: Mr H
I have one of these, it's a proper fridge and stays cold for quite a long time after switching off, expensive but worth it, especially when we go on holiday.

Now THAT is a serious piece of kit! Looks really good for a serious camper - far beyond my current needs - I’ll see how I go with long life snacks/nothing too perishable before I invest in either! But two very strong choices here!

Reactions: Mr H
Now THAT is a serious piece of kit! Looks really good for a serious camper - far beyond my current needs - I’ll see how I go with long life snacks/nothing too perishable before I invest in either! But two very strong choices here!
We take it on out European road trips and as it has mains power it's saved us a fortune on hotel breakfasts as they average around 12 euro EACH, soon mounts up on a 2 week trip

Reactions: M3-Newbie