Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

12 Volt Battery Disconnect

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It does have a 12V battery so don't think you can disable it. Are you getting error message?

No error message, I'm installing a different stereo. I thought I'd heard that the early cars, did not have a 12 volt battery? Obviously they have a 12 volt system but I don't know how do it? Or maybe I was dreaming? :biggrin:
I'm almost done with the installation and haven't blown a fuse yet!

Thanks,
Art

Early Roadsters (1.5s) don't have a 12V battery. 12V power comes straight from the main ESS.

To disable 12V power for radio work, the fuse box is your best bet. Take care with amplifiers, though. The available 12V power is very limited. The professionals installers who have done big upgrades have put in a separate battery to power their amplifiers.

e.g.; Worlds most bespoke Tesla Roadster | West Hollywood and the other one Al & Eds did for Dr Taras.

Thanks guys! The stereo is installed. I pulled three fuses, one apparently had something to do with the alarm because when I opened the door to get out of the car, the alarm went off! It then required my security code which I didn't know. I had the code in the house so all is well. Learn something new every day.:biggrin: