Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

12 volt battery end of life and great service experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my model 3 in July, 2018, and just yesterday got the messages about 12v battery unavailable and deteriorated, car shutting down unnecessary functions, etc. Of course I didn't know what this all meant as I was driving, but owners manual stated car could shut down unexpectedly. Just to share my experience, I booked a mobile visit to change the battery, that was a week away, then tried the local service center in Burbank CA. They had me bring the car in at 8:45 pm last night (same day as the warning messages), tech said the car could be ready at end of next business day, but couldn't promise, then I got a text at 11:20 pm that the car was done. Went in at 8 am this morning, picked it up and on my way. Just big kuddos to Burbank service center, they got me in right away, fixed the problem while I slept and got me on my way to be on time for work. all for $121.00...and this was the original 12Volt, got about 4 years out of it, so that is a win in my book too.

yes it was. Four years driving and no previous warnings. The warnings were a little ambiguous, as there were three different ones: two said replace at earliest convenience, one said replace now, two said car could stop unexpectedly one did not. Did a search of this problem, some people said they drove for weeks after the warning, others said their car stopped soon after seeing the warning, so once I got the same day appointment, I got the car in to get if fixed ASAP