Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

1200 Miles of Pure Joy!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My M3P is awesome. It is the best car I have owned and that includes Audis, BMWs, Chevy Volts, Subarus, Toyotas, Alfas and Ferraris. Every time I drive it makes me happy.

Yeah, I am sure that I could let some of the "little" imperfections with the car and Tesla bother me, but why? It's the most technologically advanced EV ever built and it drives like cars 3-4 times the price. I LOVE this thing, simply love it.

Folks...post less, drive more and know that cars are made by humans which means that by definition they are IMPERFECT. It is your choice to focus on the annoying little things or take great pleasure out of the vast majority of things that Tesla did massively right with this car!

Enjoy!

My M3P is awesome. It is the best car I have owned and that includes Audis, BMWs, Chevy Volts, Subarus, Toyotas, Alfas and Ferraris. Every time I drive it makes me happy.

Yeah, I am sure that I could let some of the "little" imperfections with the car and Tesla bother me, but why? It's the most technologically advanced EV ever built and it drives like cars 3-4 times the price. I LOVE this thing, simply love it.

Folks...post less, drive more and know that cars are made by humans which means that by definition they are IMPERFECT. It is your choice to focus on the annoying little things or take great pleasure out of the vast majority of things that Tesla did massively right with this car!

Enjoy!

I love this thread! This is the kind of thread that will make unsatisfied, unhappy people mad.

I have a theory that people that complain about things as inconsequential as a few cents of "vampire drain" even when they know it's keeping tabs on the battery, sending health reports back to the mothership, and doing other beneficial things, are simply not happy with their life and choose to externalize it to those things they own. As if it's their car's fault they are not a happy person. Every person I've let drive my Model 3 was simply beaming with happiness at how magical it all was.

One guy, 58 years old and of very limited means, now smiles evertime we run into each other and says things like "I got to drive the future" in an incredulous way. He was blown away by AutoPilot on a curvy highway and tells me every person he meets he tells them how he got to "drive the future". Other people are more enchanted with the instant torque response. Some people are more focussed on the idea that you never have to go to a gas station - it just seems incredulous to them. Everyone's a little different.

I love this thread! This is the kind of thread that will make unsatisfied, unhappy people mad.

I have a theory that people that complain about things as inconsequential as a few cents of "vampire drain" even when they know it's keeping tabs on the battery, sending health reports back to the mothership, and doing other beneficial things, are simply not happy with their life and choose to externalize it to those things they own. As if it's their car's fault they are not a happy person. Every person I've let drive my Model 3 was simply beaming with happiness at how magical it all was.

Agree 100%!!!

But watch, this thread will have like 20 responses (if that). If I opened a bitch session about the three flecks of dust I have found in my paint and Tesla Quality Control or, heaven forbid, getting snow in my trunk when I open it BEFORE cleaning the car off? 10+ pages!

So sad that so many people dwell on the negative...

LOL!

Enjoy the ride boys and girls, we’re on a 1-way trip, it’s a short one and how we choose to see the glass (1/2 empty or 1/2 full) is ALL us — NOT Tesla, Elon or the M3!

10k miles in and still enjoying it very much. Autopilot has made the bad parts of my commute easy, and the good parts of my commute are much more fun. I'm able to garage it and charge it at home, supercharge when necessary, and even with SCE's outrageous tier 3 rate of $0.35/kWh, I know I'm not burning gasoline.

I make up excuses to take long drives into the mountains or the desert on weekends now.

Reactions: StealthP3D
I'm only a week into mine, so take it with a grain of salt I guess, but I never really enjoyed driving. It was something I had to do to get from A to B, and that was irrespective of the car (and I've driven some very nice ones).

My new Model 3 changed that for me. I just really enjoy it, like nothing I've ever experienced before in a car. Sorta the same enjoyment from getting in a gokart on a track with some mates, but a multiple of that even perhaps? Not sure how or why really, it just is. Maybe the novelty will wear off, I don't know - but so far so good!

My new Model 3 changed that for me. I just really enjoy it, like nothing I've ever experienced before in a car. Sorta the same enjoyment from getting in a gokart on a track with some mates, but a multiple of that even perhaps? Not sure how or why really, it just is. Maybe the novelty will wear off, I don't know - but so far so good!

And then if you actually take it on a race track, oh my lord is it amazing. Go-kart is a perfect way to describe it, it's insane how well this car handles and responds for it's size/weight.

9197 miles of unbridled joy here with our silver metallic LR. I'm continually trying to come up with excuses to run to the store for some little item we forgot, etc. -- that car is, hands, down, the most fun vehicle I've ever owned. My wife loves it, too.

Now, if only Tesla made a car the same size as our 2000 Honda Insight (two seater "travel pod") -- then we could get rid of that and fit the replacement into our small first garage bay...