TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

>120kW charging in the US???

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by Reed, Jan 11, 2014.

1. Reed

Reed Member

Is 130kW charging being enabled in the US? I just charged at greater that 120kW (123kW to be exact) at Tejon Ranch in California. I didn't wait in the car, so I am not sure if it got any faster than 123kW, but you can see the picture I snapped below. I thought current chargers were limited to 120kW. I fully charged my car from about 20 miles to 265 in 1 hour. I could barely walk to and eat my dinner quick enough. :)

123kW.jpg

2. Discoducky

Discoducky Active Member

Will you be going back anytime soon to get a full chart?

3. scaesare

scaesare Active Member

There have been several folks (myself included) that have hit a bit above 120kWh for charge rates. This appears to be normal for the 120kW superchargers...

4. Cosmacelf

Cosmacelf Active Member

Cool! I guess they should call them 123.8 kW Superchargers :)

That's what I keep telling people - Superchargers are a no compromise trip (unless you're a college student doing an over night drive!) since most old farts like me NEED to get out every three hours or so to hit the potty, grab food, etc.

5. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Yesterday at the Gilroy SC I charged at slightly over 120kW and got a rate of 358mph. I was amazed. First time I have charged at a Supercharger.

I was using one of the newer bays, the group on the left side as you face the row of bays when standing in the parking lot.