Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

120V Home Charging Station

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
0e95ec7b-ee9b-4001-a893-be50e49a74bc.jpg

Picked up one of these things on Amazon for about $15. Can't do 220V because this is an assigned garage from the apartment complex and it's a lot better than having it on the floor when I'm not using it!

Please check some of the horror stories buyers posted on Amazon. A lot of them couldn't get the connector out of the holder. I saw pictures where someone had to use a saw to release the connector.
When I first found out about this, I almost bought it right away but after reading some of the reviews/experiences, I'll stick with my "garden hose" setup.
Works well, doesn't look as fancy, but at least I'll be able to use my charger when I need it ;o)

Not to denigrate your choice, but that looks like a PITA. Happy for you that you like it, but I sure wouldn't want to go through the hassle of putting my cable into that after each charge.
It totally would be a PITA if I had to "declamp" everyday, but the way I have it setup is right next to my charge port door, and no declawing necessary. If I needed more than 5ft of wire everyday I would have done something else for sure, but I really like the look and its nice and organized.. It only gets yanked out if I can't park in the garage (which is almost never).

It totally would be a PITA if I had to "declamp" everyday, but the way I have it setup is right next to my charge port door, and no declawing necessary. If I needed more than 5ft of wire everyday I would have done something else for sure, but I really like the look and its nice and organized.. It only gets yanked out if I can't park in the garage (which is almost never).
I like that it keeps the cord organized. I park next to the charger so I use about 3 feet of court the rest are loomed together. This would be awesome. Bookmarking for purchase.

It totally would be a PITA if I had to "declamp" everyday, but the way I have it setup is right next to my charge port door,
and no declawing necessary. If I needed more than 5ft of wire everyday I would have done something else for sure,
but I really like the look and its nice and organized..
It only gets yanked out if I can't park in the garage (which is almost never).
Yes, that's the way to go. It must be very easy to plug or unplug so
it's more simple to always plug everytime you park at home.

Otherwise you will forget to plug if you charge at night,
thinking you might use your car later during the day.

I have a cabinet on the wall behind my car when I park.
So I attached the cable to the door of my cabinet.

I just have to turn the door and the cable get just above my car plug.
There is no more cable touching the floor this way.

I could almost design a mechanism to open the door of my cabinet,
and to have a sliding mechanism to insert the plug into the car.

Last edited:
Please check some of the horror stories buyers posted on Amazon. A lot of them couldn't get the connector out of the holder. I saw pictures where someone had to use a saw to release the connector.
When I first found out about this, I almost bought it right away but after reading some of the reviews/experiences, I'll stick with my "garden hose" setup.
Works well, doesn't look as fancy, but at least I'll be able to use my charger when I need it ;o)

Ooh, good warning. Not worth saving $10 for a knock-off when the Tesla one is $25. Or do you mean people complained about the actual Tesla-made one?