Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

125kW on a 75D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

viper2ko

Aug 30, 2017
USA
IMG_20190714_150241.jpg

I've gotten 128kw on my last road trip but I don't think it's resulted in any time savings. In fact, the end taper seems more restricted so it occasionally takes longer if the initial low SoC fast portion is shared or abated.

Like this one for a 100d, but they did this to all cars:
The green is the old (2019.16 and earlier???) charge curve.
The Blue is the 2019.20 charge curve.
The others are what I've gotten so far with 2019.24.

All charging was done after driving in excess of 100 miles at freeway speeds and warm ambient temperatures.
All charging was done unpaired with any other car charging.

View attachment 430680

2016 75D 38k miles. The taper is different as I stated in my post. Different uses will result in faster times (always arriving less than 20%SoC and stopping frequently but not charging over 75%) vs. charging until 90% and stopping less frequently which now takes longer.

Don't get too excited, they increased the initial peak kw but the overall charge time is slower, it tapers much quicker now.
There are other threads about this showing the data.

This has not been my experience... I've seen a max of 128 kW recently. I definitely charged faster on a recent road trip, where my average charge time was 35 minutes. And it could've been lower than that, but I had difficulty getting the wife and kids back in the car on time sometimes.

Fastest I’ve seen so far on my 75 is 130kW now... but the taper is definitely more aggressive, and charging overall seems to usually take longer (especially if it is hot out?). This session actually dropped to 0kW before ramping back up to mid 60s for the duration of the charge. Actual ambient was about 85F despite the car reporting 103...

(And yes, I tried changing stalls... other one did the same thing/dropped to 0 after a few minutes and then ramped back up slowly... was super weird!)

54B029E8-538E-4710-95A2-6E7B430C2A98.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: croman
Fastest I’ve seen so far on my 75 is 130kW now... but the taper is definitely more aggressive, and charging overall seems to usually take longer (especially if it is hot out?). This session actually dropped to 0kW before ramping back up to mid 60s for the duration of the charge. Actual ambient was about 85F despite the car reporting 103...

(And yes, I tried changing stalls... other one did the same thing/dropped to 0 after a few minutes and then ramped back up slowly... was super weird!)

View attachment 431915
Wow 130kw that's insane