Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

129 calling

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Several times cant get in the car and need to use the key card then no music but the phone is calling 129.... try cancel but pops up 129. Reboot the head unit 129 calling. Turn off the phone and restart ok but then no BT connection. Already deleted app and uploaded again was the same release. Even deleted the phone off the head and reinstalled and linked.

whats 129 and why is it trying to call even though the phone is not calling.

So got 2 issues this one and USB constantly needing formatting.

That does not have anything to do with tesla. No one is going to know what you have on your phone or why its calling a random number but you.
How do you know its not tesla. I am asking if any one else has had the issue.

My phone is not calling that is the point. I do not have 129 as a call contact or is it on my callers list or last call. My phone is not calling

Did not happen with my BMW.

As soon as I get in the tesla the tesla is trying to call but the phone is not connected, or showing 129 on its display, Checked phones history my phone has never dialled 129 EVER.
I cancel on the tesla and instantly tesla tries to call 129. NOT MY PHONE. not calling just sitting there waiting.

I have uninstalled the tesla app and reinstalled in case its a typical car and phone firmware mismatch that you get often with tesla.

Only happened few weeks ago. Not all the time but 3 times now. Its like the Tesla is getting confused on entry.

You said it yourself:

Turn off the phone and restart ok but then no BT connection.

The car does not have a cellular plan that can make a phone call, so its not possible for the car to make a phone call on its own.

Also note that using siri or something like that on your phone while in the car will look like a phone call.

At least it's not dialing 999!

Try deleting your bluetooth phone connection (both in the car and phone) and see if it stops trying to call, then re-add it. Also check for any "extra" phone connections to the car and delete them from in the car.

Also you didn't mention what type of phone - iOS is currently at 15.4.1 (I don't know Android versions and can differ by manufacturer.)
If your phone is not up-to-date that might contribute to the issue.

You said it yourself:

The car does not have a cellular plan that can make a phone call, so its not possible for the car to make a phone call on its own.

Also note that using siri or something like that on your phone while in the car will look like a phone call.
May not have a cellular plan that we pay for but it does.

Your car will show previously 3G but this is shutting down and now LTE. (assuming your Tesla has the new modem) LTE is cellular data 4G. 4G is a mobile data connection either voice or data. Its via mobile data or cell. You pay tesla for it who pay mobile / cell companies

ALSO it can call out when SOS s pressed how can it get mobile data or make a SOS call if its not have a cell plan. Same with most all new cars have. This is a open free access agreed by all mobile phone companies either car or phones. It does not use any external mobile phone to do it as you may not have a phone or it charged to do a sos. Its an agreed cross platform for all connected devices phone or car whatever.

It is trying to call 129 from the head / tesla screen unit to my phone. My phone is ignoring it.

Thank you for the other comment on the siri. I will check the siri or google but dont use them on the phone let alown as I get in the car. Its in my pocket and not saying anything.

Last edited:
At least it's not dialing 999!

Try deleting your bluetooth phone connection (both in the car and phone) and see if it stops trying to call, then re-add it. Also check for any "extra" phone connections to the car and delete them from in the car.

Also you didn't mention what type of phone - iOS is currently at 15.4.1 (I don't know Android versions and can differ by manufacturer.)
If your phone is not up-to-date that might contribute to the issue.
Agreed 999 but its not actually dialling just hung showing 129 on the head unit and nothing going to phone. No music and thats how I know somethings up.

Samsung S20 so fairly up to date phone and android.

Will delete phone delete app and install app and reconnect if it does it again.

Done it again today. It lets me in via walking up to it get in and its dialling 129. Then this time the phone received a call and it confused the screen, it was showing both 129 and the caller id. could not control from screen.

So have now deregistered phone deleted tesla app, reinstalled latest app and reregistered the phone to head unit. as BigNick suggested.