Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$12K for FSD is insane

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ouchie

1645222019811.png

• Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve
interesting numbers, though I'm a bit worried about the sample size, plus how was the sample chosen (hopefully no hidden bias issues). I'm not really surprised by the numbers, though its interesting to note that if you map these percentages to total numbers it looks like the pick-up rate is more or less constant (not sure that to make of that, though).

My guess is that as more data became available more people are taking a "wait and see" attitude, especially as the subscription is now also an option.

Can we pls stop pretending this is real data - not just self selected sample with no statistical validity?

Worse presented with no other important variable like ASP.
Sure, just like Tesla's joke safety claims. Tesla/Musk is among the worst offenders in making disingenuous statistical claims. Musk should consider creating a new school of statistics. Frequentists and Bayesians, prepare to be outnumbered, outdebated or at the very least yelled over by the Muskovian Optimists. Yoke mandatory, Terrence Howard approved.

Anyway, it doesn't take a "self-selected sample with no statistical validity" to suggest what seems fairly obvious and most certainly likely given the price/state of FSD (NOT "*StatiStIcalLy vAliD*").

Can we pls stop pretending this is real data - not just self selected sample with no statistical validity?

Worse presented with no other important variable like ASP.
Idk...17000 surveyed seems like a decent sample size. Tesla won't share because they know the rate is terrible, consumers have to go by the next best thing.

And this survey was done before the increase to $12K and price increases to the cars themselves. I'm just going to GUESS and say maybe 5-8%.

Taking what used to be Autopilot and calling it FSD is insulting.

Can't wait for my car to get in that sweet Tesla Network and start making me some green!!! FSD Circa 2017.

• Funny
Reactions: Ramphex
Idk...17000 surveyed seems like a decent sample size. Tesla won't share because they know the rate is terrible, consumers have to go by the next best thing.
You don’t use CNN website poll to figure out who would win an election, right … even if a million participated.

In any case, what exactly is the point ?

Taking what used to be Autopilot and calling it FSD is insulting.

What is actually insulting is you can’t even figure out the difference my elementary school age kids can.

Sure, just like Tesla's joke safety claims. Tesla/Musk is among the worst offenders in making disingenuous statistical claims. Musk should consider creating a new school of statistics. Frequentists and Bayesians, prepare to be outnumbered, outdebated or at the very least yelled over by the Muskovian Optimists. Yoke mandatory, Terrence Howard approved.

Anyway, it doesn't take a "self-selected sample with no statistical validity" to suggest what seems fairly obvious and most certainly likely given the price/state of FSD (NOT "*StatiStIcalLy vAliD*").
Yes - we should all start taking only non-statistically significant, self-selected polls otherwise this rant would have gone underappreciated.

Nate Silver, take note. From now on only use CNN & Fox web polls for all analysis.

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC